Oricom is a well-known brand with many models of baby monitors that have a reputation for lasting longer than competitors.
The batteries are rechargeable and you can use any mobile phone charger to recharge them.
The good thing about these monitors is that they come with a power adapter that you can plug into the wall socket to charge your device.
In this article, I will explain the various battery lives of Oricom baby monitors and the different factors that involve these devices and batteries.
Here’s the Battery Life on Oricom Baby Monitors:
Oricom Baby Monitors with rechargeable batteries are designed to last up to 24 hours on a single charge, depending on the model. Some models come with recharging capability with AC power. The battery life also depends on the usage of your monitor and the frequency of your recordings.
What Oricom Baby Monitors Have the Longest Battery Life?
Oricom baby monitors are designed with the parent’s needs in mind.
They offer an array of features that allow parents to keep an eye on their children from anywhere in the world.
Not only do they provide security through monitoring, but they also offer peace of mind by being able to find out what is going on at home when you are away.
The following is a list of the Oricom baby monitors that have the longest battery life:
- Oricom Tiny Dots
- The Oricom Tiny Dots Baby Monitor has the longest battery life of all the Oricom monitors. It can last up to 24 hours on standby and up to 12 hours with audio and video feed.
- The Oricom Tiny Dots Baby Monitor also offers a rechargeable battery pack, which will allow the monitor to be used while charging. This can be particularly useful if you want to take the monitor with you on trips or vacations, as it means you don’t need an AC adapter in order to power it.
- With other models, like the Oricom Baby Sense, there is no option for a rechargeable batter pack and they must be plugged into an outlet at all times in order to use them.
- Oricom MBP36S
- The Oricom MBP36S model has an 8-hour battery life, which is long enough for most parents. This monitor allows you to use it as a baby monitor and a nanny camera without any problems, so you can keep an eye on your child even when they are sleeping in another room or away from home.
- Oricom AC401
- The Oricom AC401 has an impressive battery life of up to 7 hours. This is one of the longest-lasting baby monitors on the market, and it is also very affordable. The monitor has great sound quality and can be used with a wide range of devices.
- Oricom AC403
- The fourth longest-lasting baby monitor on this list is the Oricom AC403, which provides up to 6 hours of battery life. This device also comes with a remote control, so it can be used from anywhere in your home or even outdoors if needed.
How Long Do Batteries Typically Last on Baby Monitors?
As a general rule, most baby monitors will last for at least six hours on a single charge.
Some can last up to 18 months, while others may only last four or five months.
A lot of this depends on how many features the monitor has and what type of power source it uses.
For example, some monitors use rechargeable batteries while others use standard alkaline batteries that you have to replace every so often.
Are There Any Ways to Prolong the Battery Life?
The answer is yes, and we’ll explain how below.
- Rechargeable Batteries vs. Non-Rechargeable Batteries
- All Oricom baby monitors use rechargeable batteries. This makes sense because we want to keep our environment green and not add any more waste than necessary. But what most people don’t realize is that rechargeable batteries tend to last longer than non-rechargeable batteries!
- Oricom baby monitors use high-quality lithium ion batteries with a lifespan of 18 months or more depending on usage patterns and charging schedule. That’s much longer than typical alkaline batteries which typically only last up to 12 months before needing replacement. So if you have an Oricom monitor with rechargeable batteries, then you don’t need to worry about replacing them anytime soon!
If you want to prolong the battery life of your monitor, here are a few tips:
- Keep the monitor on standby mode when it’s not being used. This will allow you to turn on and off the device quickly when needed.
- Turn off any unnecessary features such as video, sound or screen displays. These features only use up more battery power.
- Use rechargeable batteries in your monitor if possible. Rechargeable batteries can be replaced with new ones when they run out of power, so you won’t have to buy disposable ones anymore!
- A lot of baby monitors come with AC adapters so that you don’t have to worry about replacing batteries all the time. If there is an AC adapter included with your monitor, make sure you use it.
How Do I Know If My Oricom Baby Monitor Is Fully Charged?
The Oricom baby monitor’s LCD display will show you the battery level. It has five bars, each bar representing approximately 25% of the battery capacity.
When only one bar is lit up, it means that your monitor needs to be charged.
When all five bars are lit up, then your monitor is fully charged.
If your monitor is showing yellow or red lights when in use, then this is usually due to:
- The power adapter is not plugged into an outlet or the adapter cord may be damaged (please test with another power adapter).
- The battery pack may need to be replaced (please contact Oricom).
Can Oricom Baby Monitors Work While Plugged In?
However, if you choose to do so, please make sure that you keep an eye on the cable and make sure that it is not tangled around any objects or people in the room as this may result in damage to the cable or other objects/people around it.
How Long Does It Take to Charge Oricom Baby Monitors?
All Oricom baby monitors take approximately 2 hours to charge.
However, this will vary depending on the model you purchase and how much battery life it has left before being fully charged.
The LCD screen on the parent unit shows the current charge level and remaining battery time, so you can keep track of how long it will be before your monitor runs out of power.
What Type of Batteries Do the Models Use?
Oricom baby monitors use a standard AA battery, which is included with each unit.
Some models also have an option to use rechargeable batteries.
The Oricom Baby Monitor uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which comes included with each model.
The batteries come pre-charged and ready for use right out of the box, so there is no need for additional charging before using your new monitor for the first time.
Read our blog here about the battery life on Babysense baby monitors.
Can You Replace the Batteries on Oricom Baby Monitors?
If you have an Oricom monitor, you can replace the batteries.
This can be done by removing the back cover and replacing the batteries.
The type of batteries used depends on your individual model. In general, most monitors use AA or AAA alkaline batteries.
Some models use rechargeable batteries that are plugged into the unit. If you have a rechargeable battery monitor, contact your manufacturer or retailer for information on how to replace them.
When Should You Replace the Batteries?
In general, the life of your batteries will depend on how often they are used and if they are used in low power mode or not.
Some parents choose to purchase extra sets of replacement batteries so that they can always have fresh batteries available if needed.
The first thing to do when replacing your baby monitor batteries is to make sure that they are inserted correctly. If you put them in backward, this could damage both your monitor and the battery itself.
You should also make sure that all other parts of your monitor are working properly before replacing any parts like this one. Faulty wiring can cause problems with any part of a product including these types of monitors.
How Much Do Extra Batteries Cost for Oricom Baby Monitors?
Extra batteries for the Oricom baby monitor are available for purchase.
The extra battery costs $17.99 and can be purchased from the manufacturer’s website or from Amazon.com. You can even find them online at places like Tesco, Walmart and Target.
The battery has a shelf life of up to two years and should be stored at room temperature, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Do Oricom Baby Monitors Always Beep When the Battery Is Low?
Oricom baby monitors do not always beep when the battery is low.
This is because they use a different type of battery than most other baby monitors on the market.
The battery has to be replaced by a professional, so you might want to check with your local hardware store or electronics store before purchasing an extra battery for your Oricom monitor.
Read our blog here about the battery life of Eufy baby monitors.
Oricom baby monitors will last up to 24 hours if you don’t use it much. If you use it continuously for 8 hours, then it will need recharging at the end of that period.
When the battery is low, the monitor will let you know by beeping every few seconds until you recharge it or replace it with another battery pack.