The Simyke baby monitor is designed for monitoring your child from anywhere in your home. It also has a built-in nightlight that makes it easy for you to see your child at night.
The camera can pan and tilt so that you can adjust it so that it’s pointing at whatever you need to see.
But what about the range. What is the range of this handy device?
In this blog we will look at the range of Simyke baby monitors.
Here’s the Range of Simyke Baby Monitors:
The Simyke baby monitor has been tested in real life situations and has been found to have a range of up to 300m. The range is dependent on your environment, how many walls are between the parent unit and the baby unit and also if you are using a phone as an additional device for audio streaming.
What Simyke Baby Monitor Has the Best Range?
The Simyke Baby Monitor is a high-quality, reliable and easy to use device that will help you keep an eye on your little one from anywhere in the world.
The video quality is crystal clear, and the sound quality is also great.
The Simyke Baby Monitor has a range of up to 800 feet for the best models, which means that you can place it in any part of your house without worrying about not being able to see or hear your child.
Here are some of our favorite models and what they have to offer:
- Simyke 3G Baby Monitor with Video
- The Simyke 3G is our top pick for the best baby monitor with video. It has a large screen and can connect to up to four mobile devices at once, making it easy to check in on your child no matter where you are in the house or outside. The microphone picks up sounds clearly and the video quality is good enough so that you can see what’s going on while they sleep. This model also comes with two-way talk so that you can talk back to your child through the monitor if they wake up while you’re away from them.
- Simyke Night Vision Baby Monitor
- The Simyke Night Vision Baby Monitor is another model we love because it has excellent night vision capabilities so that you can see what’s going on even when it gets dark outside or when your child has their lights turned off.
The best baby monitor for you will depend on your specific needs and how much you’re willing to spend.
But if you want a high-quality baby monitor with the best range possible, our top pick is the latest range ofSimyke Baby Monitors. It has a range of 1,000 feet and an easy-to-use app that lets you watch your baby from anywhere using Wi-Fi or 4G LTE.
If you want something more affordable, we like the Levana Ayden.
This camera can be controlled remotely from up to 500 feet away and has two-way audio so you can talk to your little one from anywhere in your house.
The Nest Cam Indoor Wi-Fi Camera is another good option for parents on a budget — it’s about half the price of our top pick but still delivers clear images and sound at a range up to 500 feet away.
How Long Do Baby Monitors Generally Reach?
Parents want to know if their baby monitor will reach into other rooms or across the house.
There are two main factors that determine how far a baby monitor can reach: the transmission frequency and the number of walls between the parent unit and the baby unit.
- Transmission Frequency
- The transmission frequency is the number of times per second that data is sent from one point to another. The higher the frequency, the better it can penetrate walls and other obstacles.
- Transmission frequency is measured in megahertz (MHz) or gigahertz (GHz). In general, lower frequencies have better wall penetration but worse signal strength over longer distances than higher frequencies. A 2.4 GHz signal can travel through 4 walls whereas a 900 MHz one will only examine 2 walls before becoming unreliable.
Read our blog here about what is the range of Summer Infant baby monitors?
How Stable Is the Signal Over Longer Distances?
The Simyke Baby Monitor is a very stable system. It uses the 2.4Ghz frequency, which is a much more reliable frequency than the 900MHz used by some other monitors.
The signal can be affected by interference from other wireless devices in your home, or from other monitors that are using the same frequency as yours (such as other baby monitors).
However, as long as there are not many other devices on this frequency, it should be very stable.
The signal strength of the Simyke baby monitor is what sets it apart from other video monitors.
Unlike other video baby monitors that require you to be within a certain range, the Simyke baby monitor allows you to use it up to 800 feet away.
This means that you can sit in another room and still see your baby on your phone or tablet device.
The Simyke baby monitor offers a high-quality signal because of its dual-band WiFi technology.
The dual-band WiFi system sends a clear picture with little interference from other devices on the same network.
You can also use this security camera to keep an eye on your children when they play outside or do chores around the house.
Can You Extend the Range of Simyke Baby Monitors?
If you need to extend the range, there are several things you can do:
- Move closer to your router – WiFi signals travel best through open space (e.g., hallways) and aren’t very good at penetrating walls or floors. So if you move closer to your router, you’ll get better performance. This is especially true if you have multiple routers set up in your house (e.g., one in each room).
- Use an Ethernet cable – You can also use an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi for better performance if needed (this may be necessary for homes that have thick walls). Just make sure both devices are plugged into the same modem/router/switch and then connect them together via Ethernet cable.
- Use a Longer Cable – This is the most obvious way to extend the range of your wireless baby monitor. You can buy longer cables that go from your camera to the parent unit. The advantage of this method is that it doesn’t involve any extra equipment or cost more money than buying an extension lead for your phone charger! However, there are disadvantages too…
- The main problem with using a long cable is that it will restrict where you can place your camera because it needs an electrical outlet nearby. If you want to place it in a different room from where you sleep then this isn’t ideal as you’ll need to move around with it every time you want to check on your baby.
Why Does My Simyke Baby Monitor Say “Out of Range”?
“Out of Range” is a common Simyke baby monitor error message. It usually occurs when the camera and monitor are not within range of each other.
- Is the Camera in Range?
- Make sure that the camera is within range of the base station. If you have a rechargeable battery pack, make sure it’s fully charged. If it isn’t charging properly, you may need to replace the batteries with new ones.
- Make sure that your camera is plugged into a power source if you’re using one. If this doesn’t help, try another power outlet or extension cord. You can also try using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.
- Check Your Router Settings
- If your router has been reset or updated recently or there has been any other change to the network, such as adding new devices or upgrading software, you may need to reconfigure your settings on both devices (the camera and monitor).
- Resetting both devices can solve this problem by restoring their original settings and allowing them to connect again without interruption from your home network setup or Internet connection.
The Simyke baby monitor has a range of up to 300 meters, which is pretty impressive. This means you can use it in your home or even in the garden without any problems.
This device is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows 8 and 10, Mac OS X 10.10+, Android 4.1+, iOS 8+ and Linux Kernel 3+. You can connect up to four cameras at once using this model, which makes it great for busy families who have multiple children or pets that need constant monitoring.
Read our blog here about what is the range of VAVA baby monitors?
- Watchful Dad: What is The Best Long Range Baby Monitor?
- Nursery Fit: Simyke Video Baby Monitor with Camera & Audio