If you’re an Audible subscriber and you’ve tried to listen to a book that isn’t available in their library, you have probably encountered this error message.
“The title is not available for streaming on Audible.”
In this article I will talk about why some books are not available on Audible.
Here’s Why Some Books Are Not Available on Audible:
There are three reasons why a book may not be available on Audible:
- The publisher has chosen not to make it available on Audible.
- The author or publisher hasn’t given us permission to sell the audiobook yet.
- The publisher already has a deal with another company (iTunes, Amazon, etc.).
How Soon Do New Titles Get on Audible?
New releases are available in Audible’s catalog within minutes of their release date.
If you’re looking for the latest books and audiobooks, check back often to see what’s been added to their catalog.
When a book is released, it takes a while for it to be available on Audible. The time frame depends on the publisher and the author, but the general rule of thumb is that it takes at least 6 weeks after the hardcover release for a book to become available on Audible.
There are a lot of variables that affect how quickly we can get a title to Audible.
For example, if the publisher has only released their book in one format (like ebook or print) then we may need to wait for them to make it available in audio format before we can offer it for sale.
Other times, it just depends on how busy our production team is at the time and whether they feel like they have enough resources to take on your title.
When we add a new title it may take up to 48 hours before you see it on our website.
For example, if you’re looking at the Audible website today and see that a book is available on CD, but not in audio, then it’s likely that the title was added just this morning.
You’ll see it as soon as possible, but due to the way we update things on our site it might take up to two days before you can download it.
Can You Check If a Book Title Is Coming to Audible Soon?
The answer is yes!
The best way to find out if a book title is coming to Audible soon is to search the Audible website, using the search bar on the homepage.
If you don’t know the name of the author or book, you can also use this search tool.
Simply type in “audiobook” and then add the title of your desired book after it. For example: “audiobook Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.”
Or if you already have a specific book in mind but don’t know when it will be released on Audible, type in “when does [book name] come out?”
This should bring up results that include release date information for your chosen book.
If you’re looking for books by an author whose name you don’t know but want to see which titles have been released on audiobook so far, type in “[author’s name] audiobooks” into the search bar at the top of our homepage.
If you’re looking for a specific book title, the best way to find out whether it’ll be available on Audible is to look for announcements from the author or publisher about upcoming releases.
You can also follow authors on social media or subscribe to their newsletter if they have one.
Does Audible Offer the Same Books in Every Region?
Yes, Audible offers the same books in every region. If you’re in the US and want to listen to a book that’s only available in the UK, you can still do so.
Audible is an Amazon company, so they often share content between regions.
If a book is available on Audible in one region, it’s probably available elsewhere too.
If you’re looking for something specific, I’d recommend using the search bar at the top of this page (or on Audible itself) and typing in your book title and author name.
This should show all versions of that title available on Audible.
However, there are some regional differences you should be aware of:
- US vs UK audiobooks: Audible US offers different titles than Audible UK. This is because the two markets have different tastes and preferences. For example, if you try to buy a title that is only available in the US, you will see an error message saying it’s not available for you to purchase at this time. However, if there’s a title available in both countries, your best bet is to check both stores to see which one has the lowest price.
- The same book in different languages: If a book exists in multiple languages (for example English and Spanish), there may be different prices for each language version depending on where you live. For example, if you’re from Spain but want to listen to Harry Potter in English, there’s no way for us to know that unless you tell us when placing your order (or when downloading).
Does Audible Sometimes Remove Book Titles?
Audible is a company that offers the ability to listen to audiobooks. They have over one million titles available for download and purchase, though not all of them are available in every country.
However, Audible is known for its ability to remove content from their website.
This can be frustrating for users who have already purchased a title or have it on their mobile device.
It also means that if you are looking for a specific book title and it’s not there, then it’s possible that Audible has removed it from their catalog.
Why Does Audible Remove Content?
Audible removes books from their website for many reasons. A few of these include:
Copyright infringement – If the author does not own the rights to his or her work, then the publisher cannot sell it through Audible without violating copyright laws. This could be due to poor sales numbers or other reasons related to the author’s contract with the publisher.
Poor quality – Sometimes an audiobook may not meet company standards and therefore needs to be removed from circulation so as not to negatively impact customer satisfaction levels.
Can You Check What Books Audible Will Get Next?
Audible is one of the largest audiobook platforms in the world and they have a library of over 300,000 titles.
But there are still some books that aren’t on the service, so you may wonder what books Audible will get next?
Well, there are two ways to find out what books Audible will get next:
- Checking Audible’s catalog for new releases
- Using a website like Goodreads to check what books are being released in the next few months.
- Click on “Your Books,” then click on “Upcoming Books.” You’ll see a list of all the books that will be available in the coming months.
There are two ways to find out when a book is coming out:
- Go to the product page for that book on Amazon.com, scroll down to “Product Description” and look for an entry like this one: “[date] Release date: [date].” If you don’t see an entry like this, then it means Amazon doesn’t yet have a release date for that book (which can happen when they haven’t been given one yet).
- In some cases, the Audible will make announcements about upcoming releases on their blog or social media channels (Facebook or Twitter).
Read our blog here about how long do Audible credits last?
What Other Audiobook Apps Have the Most Books?
Audible is a popular audiobook app and service, but it’s not the only option. If you’re looking for other audiobook apps, here are some of the best ones:
- Libby. Libby is a free app that works on Android and iOS. It features over 2 million titles in its catalog and has been downloaded more than 3 million times. It’s also available in 10 languages.
- Scribd. Scribd offers a lot more than just audiobooks. You can find ebooks and podcasts too — but it’s mostly known for its audiobook selection. The service has over 100,000 titles in its catalog (which is still growing), including many best sellers and classics like Moby Dick or Pride and Prejudice. You can also rent audiobooks from Scribd for $5 per month, which is less than half the price of Audible’s subscription plans.
- Librivox. Librivox isn’t as well-known as Audible or Scribd — but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth checking out. This site offers free audio recordings of books from all genres and eras, including some old favorites like Robinson.
- Audiobooks.com. This site has a selection of more than 50,000 audiobooks, including bestsellers and classics like Moby Dick and A Tale of Two Cities. You can listen on your computer or download them to an iPhone or Android device via a free app. Audiobooks.com also offers free samples of many books so you can try before you buy (or rent).
- Apple Books. Apple Books is Apple’s competitor to Audible — it’s one of the best options if you want to listen to non-fiction books or podcasts. The app itself isn’t very good because Apple hasn’t done much with it since its launch in 2011, but if you want access to both fiction and non-fiction books, this might be your best bet.
- Audiobooks.fm. Audiobooks.fm is a free app that lets you download audiobooks from your local library for free — no membership required. You can search by title or author name, then preview up to 10 minutes of each book before downloading it onto your device.
- eBookDroid (Android). eBookDroid enables users to read ebooks in ePub format on their Android devices such as tablets and smartphones using any one of many ebook readers like FBReader or Aldiko Book Reader depending on their needs and requirements for example if they want different fonts etc..
Podcasts are another great way to enjoy audiobooks without paying extra or downloading files onto your phone or tablet.
Podcasts can be downloaded automatically onto your device when they become available, or you can listen to them right away using streaming services like Spotify or Tidal.
Here are some of these podcasts for audiobooks:
- Audiobooks for Young Adults: This podcast covers all genres of young adult literature from classics like To Kill A Mockingbird to contemporary bestsellers like The Fault In Our Stars .
- The BookBub Book Club: Each week BookBub curates a list of new releases that may interest you, whether it’s historical fiction or fantasy romance novels or anything else!
- Book Riot Reads: This podcast features discussion about current books by authors who appear on BookRiot’s website as well as interviews with authors.
- Pocket Casts: Pocket Casts offers a variety of podcast content from across all genres, but it also has an extensive library of audiobooks available for download as well. You can either subscribe to specific podcasts or browse by genre or author within Pocket Casts’.
Read our blog here about what happens to Audible credits if membership canceled?
You may have noticed that not every book is available in audio. The reason for this is that a publisher has to approve the production costs of an audio version of a book. If the publisher thinks there will be enough interest, they may choose to produce it themselves. If not, they can decide to allow another company to do it.
However, there are some cases when publishers don’t want their books recorded at all because they don’t want competition from other companies or because they feel their product cannot be presented well in audio form.
There are also times when publishers do not want their books recorded at all because they don’t want competition from other companies or because they feel their product cannot be presented well in audio form.