If you love using apps and streaming services on your Smart TV, we hope you are taking full advantage of the Spotify App on your LG Smart TV.
The app works almost seamlessly on LG TVs, but some users have experienced some issues.
This article looks at some common problems people have experienced when playing Spotify through their LG TV.
We also offer some helpful troubleshooting tips so you can continue enjoying your Spotify tracks on your device.
1. Spotify Suddenly Stops Playing on LG TV
There have been complaints by some users that Spotify does not play music on their LG Smart TVs. Occasionally, users have found that when selecting a new song the track does not change the current song playing.
This can be a frustrating problem, but some troubleshooting options are available.
You can try doing the following:
Delete and Reinstall the App
- Click the ‘Home’ button found on your LG remote.
- The ‘Home screen’ is now open on the TV.
- Scroll rightwards on the row of apps until you find a pencil icon. Press it to for ‘Edit Mode’
- With the left arrow on your remote, find ‘Spotify’ and choose it by clicking OK on your remote.
- With the up arrow, go to the ‘X ‘ found on top of the app and then hit ‘OK’ to select it.
- A pop-up will come up requesting if you wish to remove the app. Choose ‘Yes’
- Then hit ‘Done’ to leave ‘Edit Mode’
- Power on your Smart TV.
- Select the ‘home button’ to go to the dashboard.
- Press ‘Go to Apps’ from the home page. Alternatively, scroll across the apps section until you find ‘Apps‘. This will launch the LG Content store.
- Select the ‘search icon’ and type in ‘Spotify’
- Once located, select ‘Install’
- This will download and install the app.
After following these steps, click on ‘Launch’
This can be done from the store or by navigating through the apps on the home page. Reinstalling the app also ensures that you have the latest version of Spotify.
Disable IPv6 in LG TV Internet Settings
Some users have found that by disabling this protocol, Spotify can function normally again.
IPv6 is a modern protocol for the Internet. It was created to replace the IPv4 protocol in use. Lots of devices and services currently support IPv6, but it is yet to be widely adopted.
You can disable this option by going through the steps below:
- Make sure you are connected to WiFi.
- Launch ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Network’
- Then select ‘WiFi Connection’
- Next, choose ‘Advanced Wi-Fi Settings’
- Then disable IPv6
- Restart the modem
- Disconnect and reconnect to the internet
- Ensure that your sound is set correctly
- Restore TV to factory settings
- Cast Spotify from your phone to your Smart TV instead of using the Spotify TV app
- Restore the modem to factory settings (see below)
If you still have no luck, consider contacting your TV manufacturer, who might be able to shed some insight as it could be a fault with the TV itself.
2. Spotify App Sound Not Working on the LG TV
Sometimes when streaming music using the Spotify app on your LG TV, you might not hear anything despite the display showing that track is playing.
You can try the following solutions to help you solve this annoying problem.
Restore TV to Factory Settings
Some users have experienced success with restoring their TV to their initial settings. This can be done by following this simple guide:
- Use your remote to access the settings menu. Lok for the gear icon.
- Launch ‘All settings’ and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Navigate to ‘General’, then choose ‘System’
- Scroll down until you find the restore to the factory settings option.
- You will be asked if you’re sure you want to restore to factory settings. Then press ‘Confirm’ and type in your password.
This might get rid of any bugs that are causing issues with the Spotify app. Just make sure to redownload the app once you’re done.
Shut Down the TV
- Access ‘Settings’ through the remote control; this brings up the side settings menu found on the right side of the TV.
- Scroll to ‘All Settings’ and select.
- Navigate to ‘General’
- Click right then down and navigate to ‘Quick Start+’ (remember you might be required to go to ‘Additional Settings’ first on certain LG TVs).
- Switch ‘Quick Start+’ off.
This ensures that the TV fully shuts down and can also help iron out any defects with apps.
3. Poor Spotify Sound Quality on LG TV
Another issue with playing Spotify on an LG TV is the poor sound quality. People experience some sound distortion regardless of what volume is used.
Make sure that you have the latest version of the app because the latest version has improved the sound quality.
Here’s how to check for Spotify updates:
- Access ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Support’
- Choose ‘Initialization of App’
You can find any upgrades there.
Adjust the Sound Mode on Your TV
If you still experience poor sound, try changing the sound mode.
- On your remote, select the ‘Settings’ button.
- Navigate to the list with options on the left side. Choose ‘Sound’ and find the ‘Settings sound mode’ option.
- Continue moving between different options until you find the best mode for listening to music, and then press the ‘OK’ button.
If you are casting to your TV from your mobile phone, make sure that you adjust your sound settings on your device and your app.
General Pros and Cons of listening to Spotify on LG Smart TVs
LG Smart TVs allow you to have a bigger screen and more powerful speakers to play Spotify through.
This makes it a great option for listening to Spotify when you want the sound to travel further. It’s also a great option for parties and events that you host from your home.
You can either download the Spotify App or you can cast Spotify from your mobile device to the TV. Either way, being able to listen from your TV, offers greater listening possibilities.
- Spotify might stop functioning on the LG TV without warning.
- Sometimes the Spotify app might play the track, but there will be no sound.
- Reports of poor sound quality when listening to Spotify through the LG TV.
Spotify has curated the app so that you can listen to music how you like. Some people prefer using a bigger screen and the Spotify app on your LG smart TV provides that option.
If you experience any of the issues mentioned above, try the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article.
Remember, some of the troubleshooting tips might also fix other issues you might experience on your LG TV.