Everyone loves to receive gifts, but choosing the right one for someone you care about can sometimes be more than a little complicated.
However, if the person you’re buying for is an audiobook fanatic, then a gift card through Audible may be the perfect gift. You may want to know more about how gifting via Audible works.
This article will take you through all the typical questions surrounding Audible and gift cards.
1. Does Audible Offer Gift Cards?
Audible does not offer traditional gift cards that can be bought in retail stores. Moreover, it is not possible to purchase Audible gift cards via Amazon.
Audible’s Gift Center page is where information on what can be gifted through Audible can be found.
An Audible gift will be either a membership plan of a set duration or a specific audiobook.
Gifts can be given via email or printed at home and redeemed with a link or promo code.
2. How do Audible Gift Cards Work?
As stated above, Audible does not exactly provide what one would expect as a gift card. There’s no card whatsoever.
Audible offers two distinct ways in which a gift can be sent:
The Gift of Membership
This allows the recipient to join Audible and enjoy all membership benefits.
The membership gift can be granted for either 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months.
Membership options give credits that are used to purchase books. Within the membership duration, the recipient can use a free credit once a month on a book they will get to keep forever.
They will also have unlimited access to Audible’s Plus Catalog, which allows them to listen to thousands of audiobooks, including exclusive Audible Originals.
The membership gift recipient can take advantage of the exclusive deals and discounts reserved for Audible members.
Gift a Specific Title
If gifting a membership seems a little too much, or you believe a subscription is not the right option, then selecting a specific book may well be the answer.
Audible allows you to choose an audiobook from Audible’s enormous library and send it as a gift for the recipient to download and take wherever they go.
Here’s How to Gift a Membership on Audible:
If you decided an Audible membership is the gift that you’ve been looking for, then just follow these simple steps:
- Log on to your Audible account.
- Navigate to the Audible Gift Center.
- Select the membership you wish to purchase – 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months.
- Choose ‘Gift Membership’
- Complete the form on the following page with the recipient’s details.
- Once completed, you can either send the gift via email or create a printable card.
- If you opt for the printable card option, you can choose from a selection of 8 different designs and include a personal message.
- Finally, click ‘Buy Now’.
So, despite the lack of being able to send a physical gift card that the recipient can choose to spend as they like, Audible does allow you to send a unique gift nonetheless.
3. How can you Give Someone an Audible Book as a Gift?
Sometimes we have a specific gift in mind, and if that’s an audiobook, then Audible has got you covered with its enormous library of titles.
If you’ve decided on an audiobook that’s the perfect gift, but are not sure how to send it, then just follow these steps:
- Open up your web browser and navigate to Audible’s official website.
- Log in or create an account.
- Once logged in with your account, search for the book you have in mind to send as a gift.
- From the title’s product page, you’ll find the option to ‘Give as a gift’. Select this option.
- You will be given the choice between sending this gift as an email or printing a card at home.
- Printing instructions will be given along with an explanation of how to fold the print-out into a card.
- Choose the option that suits you best and then click ‘Confirm Purchase’.
- Finally, you’ll be taken to a thank you page that will show that your gift order is confirmed, along with an email confirmation.
Audible members can use their credits to purchase gifts for others, however, there are some exceptions. For example, you cannot use credits to purchase gifts that were obtained from returning a previously bought book.
Also, credits edits gained through promotions can not be used in conjunction with buying audiobooks as gifts. Any credits that were received from a gift membership cannot be used to purchase an audiobook to send as a gift to someone else.
Please also read our article about best places to buy Spotify Gift Cards.
4. How do you Redeem an Audible Gift Card?
If you’ve been sent the gift of membership, whether via an email or a printed card, you’ll likely want to redeem it as soon as possible so that you can get stuck into all that Audible has to offer.
Redeem your Audible Gift Membership by Email:
- There will be an email in your inbox that says ‘You’ve received a gift on Audible from…’. Open the email to get started.
- Within the email, you need to click ‘Redeem your gift’.
- You’ll be brought to the Audible website where you can sign in with your Amazon account.
- After signing in you’ll be notified that you’re now an Audible member and you’ll also receive your first credit to spend as you see fit.
Redeem your Audible Gift Membership via a Printed Card:
- If you’ve been handed an Audible printed card you’ll find a promo code that will allow you to receive an Audible membership as a gift.
- Enter the code on your card at the following web address – https://www.audible.co.uk/ep/redeemgift
- Next, you’ll be asked to sign in using your Amazon account details or make a brand new account.
- After signing in you’ll have access to your membership as well as your first credit to spend as you like.
It’s worth noting that once the gifted membership comes to an end there will be no automatic sign-up to become a paid member of Audible.
This means that you, as the recipient, can rest easy knowing there will be no hidden costs or surprise subscriptions during or after receiving your gift.
5. Can you give an Audible Gift to Someone Who’s Already Member?
If you have someone in your life who already enjoys Audible as a fully-fledged member you may be wondering whether it’s still possible to give a gift to them using Audible.
Audible does allow existing members to use gifts, and members can get even more out of Audible with the gift you give!
Here’s What Happens if you Gift an Audible Membership to an Audible Member
Giving the gift of membership to a current member on Audible will definitely still have some benefits, besides the individual knowing how much you support their passion for audiobooks.
By gifting a membership to a member they will receive:
- All the credits that would be given within the duration of the membership plan that was gifted.
- These credits will be available immediately.
- The credits will roll over into the following months if not spent.
- Credits gained through a gift membership may reach the rollover limit.
Remember, buying a gift membership for current members will allow them to purchase more of the books they love for free and will not affect their existing membership plan.
6. Where can you Buy Audible Gift Cards?
Audible gift memberships can be purchased by visiting Audible’s gift center available through their official website.
Does Target have Audible Gift Cards?
Unfortunately, customers are not currently able to purchase Audible gift memberships or audiobooks by visiting any Target store.
Does Walmart have Audible Gift Cards?
Audible gift audiobooks and gift memberships are not available for purchase at any Walmart store.
They are only available for purchase by visiting Audible’s official website.
Does CVS have Audible Gift Cards?
Sadly, if you are looking to buy an Audible gift membership or gift a specific audiobook title, you will not find them in any CVS store.
Does Walgreens have Audible Gift Cards?
Walgreens stores do not have the ability to sell any Audible gift options.
Physical gift cards are not produced by Amazon for Audible, so to purchase an Audible gift membership or audiobook just visit Audible.com.
Does Best Buy have Audible Gift Cards?
You will be unable to purchase any Audible gift membership or gift an audiobook through Bestbuy.com. The only website that currently sells gifts for Audible is the official Audible website.
7. Does Audible have Physical Gift Cards?
It is not possible to get a physical Audible gift card because they are not in production.
Unfortunately, Amazon does not make physical gift cards for Audible. You can, however, gift an Audible membership or even specific audiobook titles by visiting the Audible site.
8. Can Amazon Gift Cards be used for Audible Books?
Amazon gift cards, codes, or certificates cannot be used to purchase any content on the Audible platform.
This is also true for memberships, sadly it is not possible to use an Amazon gift card to purchase an Audible membership.
9. How Long do Audible Gift Cards Last?
There is no expiry on gifted audiobooks, so there is no time limit as to when the audiobook must be redeemed by. The great news is that the same rule applies to gifted memberships, so there is no rush to redeem the gift within a set time.
Did you know Spotify also offers gift cards? Check out our FAQ about Spotify and Gift Cards.
10. Can you use an Audible Gift Card Without a Membership?
In order to listen to a gifted audiobook on Audible, you will need to have an Audible or Amazon account. You do not need to have an active membership to redeem a gift.
If you purchase a gift for someone that does not currently pay to access an Audible Premium Plus or Plus membership then don’t worry, they will still be able to redeem the gift.
It is the same as when you are purchasing titles; you can either have a membership and use the included benefits, or purchase the Audiobook without a membership.
It’s worth remembering, however, that if you purchase an audiobook without a membership you will have to pay the full retail price.