There are a ton of great baby monitors out there on the market right now.
The good news is that when you buy an Angelcare baby monitor, there’s always a way to make sure you won’t lose power unexpectedly and be left in the dark with no way to see your little one when they’re sleeping.
I’m going to share a few tips and tricks with you on what to do when you need batteries and need them fast.
Here’s How Long the Battery Life Is on Angelcare Baby Monitors:
The battery life on the Angelcare parent units ranges between 7.2- 15 hours. When not on sleep mode you should expect the battery time to be 25-30% less. All the models have rechargeable batteries, so you don’t have to worry about replacing them.
|Model name||Battery time (on sleep mode)|
|Angelcare AC117||up to 10 hours|
|Angelcare AC510||up to 5.8 hours|
|Angelcare AC315||up to 7.2 hours|
|Angelcare AC601||up to 15 hours|
What Angelcare Baby Monitors Have the Longest Battery Life?
The AC601 unit offers the longest battery time among the Angelcare lineup. You can expect up to 15 hours of battery life on it.
It offers breathing and should surveillance of your infant.
However, it doesn’t have a video option. For that, you will need the AC510 model which has much less battery time. It only offers around 5-6 hours of battery life on the parent unit.
When you have it off “sleep mode” and actively have the display on, you should expect the battery life to drop by 25-30%.
How Long Do Batteries Typically Last on Baby Monitors?
Most baby monitors use batteries to power the monitor and transmit data.
The battery life will vary depending on the brand, model and features of the monitor.
Some sound-only baby monitors will have a battery life of up to 15 hours, and if you have a model you plugi into the wall you obviously don’t need to think about battery life.
Most battery-operated baby monitors will last anywhere from 6 to 12 hours before needing to be recharged or replaced.
Are There Any Ways to Prolong the Battery Life?
Yes! There are numerous ways to prolong your battery life:
- Turn off lights that aren’t necessary when you’re not using them. This includes lamps and screens; anything that uses electricity will drain your battery faster than usual.
- Turn down the light on the screen to the minimum setting to prolong the battery life. This is also the most used setting during night time as you don’t want your bedroom lit up by the monitor.
How Do I Know If My Angelcare Baby Monitor Is Fully Charged?
It’s important to know how much battery life you have left on your Angelcare monitor so you can plan accordingly.
The easiest way to check is to look at the interface on the parent unit and locate the battery icon to see how much is left.
Can Angelcare Baby Monitors Work While Plugged In?
Yes, it is possible to use your Angelcare baby monitor while it is plugged in.
The parent unit has an internal rechargeable battery that will last up to 15 hours before needing a recharge. (check the table with “sleep mode” battery times at the top of the article).
How Long Does It Take to Charge Angelcare Baby Monitors?
Each Angelcare monitor has its own charging time.
However, the first time you use the device you should always charge it for 9-10 hours. From here, you don’t need to think as much about how long to charge the units.
Make sure to charge the units before they lose all batteries. Try and plugin them in the charger when they reach around 20% battery left to prolong the life of the battery. The lithium battery in the Angelcare monitors will work better when operated like that.
It’s fine to change to 100% and the charger will automatically shut off and stop charging once the unit is fully charged.
Once charged, you can expect this monitor to last for approximately six-15 hours before needing another charge – depending on the model.
What Type of Batteries Do the Models Use?
Angelcare Baby Monitors use a single rechargeable lithium battery.
This battery comes with the units and you cannot insert normal AA or AAA batteries on the Angelcare models.
Can You Replace the Batteries on Angelcare Baby Monitors?
The batteries on the Angelcare Baby Monitor are replaceable. You can replace them yourself or take the monitor to a repair shop to have them replaced.
In most cases, you can replace the batteries in an Angelcare Baby Monitor by following these steps:
- Turn off the monitor and unplug it from its power source.
- Make sure that you have new batteries on hand before beginning this process.
- Remove the back cover of your Angelcare monitor by removing two screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
- Remove the old batteries from their compartment and then insert new ones into their place, making sure to keep them upright so they do not spill out of their tray.
- Replace the back cover and then plug your device back in to its power source before turning it on again.
When Should You Replace the Batteries?
The battery life of your Angelcare baby monitor will depend on how often it’s used.
If you use it as a nanny cam, it will likely have less battery life than if you use it as a sound monitor.
For the batteries inside the movement pad (to track the baby’s movement) the company recommends changing the batteries every 4-8 months.
You’ll want to replace them as soon as possible after it starts to turn off at <40% battery life or a decline in sound or video quality.
How Much Do Extra Batteries Cost for Angelcare Baby Monitors?
The cost of extra batteries for your Angelcare baby monitor can vary from $7 to $20.00.
The cost depends on the type of battery you purchase and whether you buy them at a discount store or online.
The batteries for the movement mats are cheaper ($7) and the batteries for the parent and baby units cost more.
There are a variety of factors that will determine how much you pay for extra batteries for your Angelcare baby monitors:
- The age of the monitor and the model you own will both affect the price. As a general rule, newer models tend to cost more than older ones.
- The brand and model of the battery can also have an impact on the price. For example, if you purchase Duracell batteries, they may be more expensive than if you buy generic brands like Energizer or Rayovac. However, some generic brands are less expensive because they use less material in their manufacturing process and have fewer features in their design.
- The size of each battery can also affect its price. For example, smaller batteries may be less expensive than larger ones. Jsut like you would expect.
Do Angelcare Baby Monitors Always Beep When the Battery Is Low?
When the unit is out of range it will typically start blinking.
For the movement monitors, the Sound alarm will be replaced when on “vibration mode” when the Parent Unit is charging.