Eufy Baby Monitors have a long battery life with up to 24 hours of non-stop video monitoring. The video quality is 720p HD with night vision.
Eufy Baby Monitors also come with a charging dock so you can charge them while they’re in use and not worry about running out of power in the middle of the night.
The charging dock also gives you access to two additional cameras if you want extra coverage for your home or office.
In this article I will talk about the battery life and expectation of Eufy baby monitors.
Here’s the Battery Life on Eufy Baby Monitors:
The battery life on Eufy Baby Monitors is excellent for a wireless baby monitor. You can use it for about 24 hours without charging the battery, which is amazing when you consider that most other wireless baby monitors only last 8-10 hours before needing to be recharged.
What Eufy Baby Monitors Have the Longest Battery Life?
If you’re looking for a baby monitor that can last all night without needing to be recharged, the Eufy Smart Monitor is your best bet.
It has an impressive battery life of up to 36 hours on a single charge, which is about 6 hours longer than most other monitors in this price range.
The Eufy Smart Monitor also has a built-in nightlight, two-way talk and room temperature monitoring capabilities.
In addition, it comes with two cameras: one for the nursery and one for the living room or wherever you want to put it.
Eufy has several different baby monitors that range in price and features:
- The SecureCam is one of their more expensive models and has been given 4.5 out of 5 stars by customers. It has a battery life of up to 15 hours and has night vision technology, so you can see your baby at night. It also allows you to talk to your baby through the camera so they know you’re right there with them.
- The SecureCam Plus is another Eufy model that also has night vision capabilities as well as two-way communication between parent and child. The SecureCam Plus has been given 4 out of 5 stars by customers on Amazon.
- The SecureCam Lite is one of the cheaper Eufy models available and offers many of the features found in its more expensive counterparts, such as two-way audio between parent and child and night vision capabilities. The SecureCam Lite has been given 3 out of 5 stars by customers on Amazon.
How Long Do Batteries Typically Last on Baby Monitors?
Most monitors use D batteries that typically last between five and six months during normal use (which includes transmitting audio and video).
They tend to last longer in colder climates where there’s less humidity in the air — since humidity can cause corrosion in the circuitry of electronics like radios and cameras.
The battery life of a monitoring system depends on the model you purchase. Some run on rechargeable batteries while others require disposable ones. Some have a power cord option, which gives you more flexibility with your monitoring needs.
The type of battery also plays a role in how long it lasts between charges or changes:
- Rechargeable batteries: Rechargeable batteries can last anywhere from two hours to 24 hours depending on the device’s settings and features.
- Some models even offer two sets of rechargeable batteries so that if one dies out while your child is sleeping (or not), you’ll still be able to use the monitor without interruption until you can replace it with another set.
Are There Any Ways to Prolong the Battery Life?
There are a number of factors that can affect the battery life of your baby monitor, but the biggest one is transmission range. Most monitors have a range between 1,000 feet and 2,000 feet.
Some monitors also have motion sensors that can turn on and off in response to movement near the camera.
These sensors use additional power so if you don’t need them, you should disable them.
If you want to extend the battery life of your monitor, try these tips:
- Store your monitor in a cool location, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources such as fireplaces or radiators. Heat causes batteries to discharge faster than usual, so keep your baby’s room at a comfortable temperature.
- Keep the monitor plugged in when not in use so it doesn’t lose power. Some models have an auto shut-off feature that turns off when they aren’t being used, but others don’t have this option and will lose power if left unplugged for too long.
- Charge your monitor every week or two so it doesn’t lose all its charge at once when you need it most (during an emergency).
- Turn off the screen display when not in use. This way, you won’t have to keep charging it as often.
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones; they last longer than standard batteries because they don’t have to be replaced every time they lose power. However, this might not be possible if your device doesn’t support rechargeable batteries – in that case, consider buying extra batteries so that you never run out while using your device.
Read our blog here about what is the range of VAVA baby monitors?
How Do I Know If My Eufy Baby Monitor Is Fully Charged?
The best way to tell if your monitor is fully charged is by checking the battery level indicator on the back of the parent unit.
When you first plug in your monitor, it will show a low battery icon.
Once it’s fully charged, this icon will disappear and be replaced with a full battery icon.
By default, the battery indicator will be displayed on the main screen of your Smart Monitor.
You can also check on the status of your battery by going to Settings > Battery Status.
Can Eufy Baby Monitors Work While Plugged In?
Eufy Baby Monitors can be plugged in to charge. The process takes about three hours, and you can use the monitor while it’s plugged in.
However, you should not leave the monitor on the charger for more than 24 hours at a time.
The charging base is designed so that you can slide the camera out of it without having to unplug it.
This makes it easier to move around or use with multiple rooms without having to go back and forth between them.
How Long Does It Take to Charge Eufy Baby Motitors?
The Eufy Baby Monitor uses a rechargeable battery, which is included with the purchase.
The battery takes about 4 hours to charge and lasts for up to 20 hours of use.
The battery should be charged before using it for the first time. You can use the monitor while it’s charging, but you’ll get more out of your batteries if you wait until they’re fully charged before using them.
The battery life will vary depending on how often you use the monitor and whether or not it is plugged in during use.
If you run out of power, simply plug in your monitor again and let it charge for an hour or two until it’s full again.
What Type of Batteries Do the Models Use?
The Eufy Baby monitor is designed to use two AA batteries.
These batteries are not included with your monitor, but you can purchase them from your local store or online.
The battery life on these monitors is about 6 months before they need to be replaced.
The Eufy Baby Motitor uses a 3.7V, 600mAh lithium battery. It takes approximately two hours to fully charge the battery. The manufacturer recommends that you store your scooter in a cool, dry place when not in use to prevent damage to the battery.
The Eufy BoostIQ™ Battery Charger uses Lithium-ion batteries. It takes about an hour to fully charge a battery, and the charger has a built-in fan to keep the battery cool while charging.
Eufy Baby Motitors have three different models that use different types of batteries:
- The first model uses a lithium-ion battery with a battery capacity of 7600mAh.
- The second model uses a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 5200mAh.
- The third model uses a nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery with a capacity of 9600mAh.
Can You Replace the Batteries on Eufy Baby Monitors?
The answer is yes, you can replace the batteries on your Eufy baby monitor.
The battery life for these devices varies from model to model but most have a battery life of about 6-8 months.
If you find that you’re going through batteries every couple of days, then it might be time to check out a rechargeable unit instead.
When Should You Replace the Batteries?
The batteries in your Eufy baby monitor are designed to last for about a year.
After that, you’ll need to replace them. Fortunately, it’s easy to do so.
- Unplug your monitor from power and remove the power cable from the back of the device.
- Remove the battery cover by pulling gently on its tab or sliding it off slowly with your finger or thumb.
- Remove all four batteries from their slots and dispose of them properly (recycle if possible).
- Insert new batteries into their corresponding slots — they must be inserted correctly or your monitor won’t work properly! If necessary, refer to your owner’s manual for guidance on which way each battery should face before insertion (and remember that battery polarity matters!).
- Replace the battery cover, plug in your monitor and test it out!
How Much Do Extra Batteries Cost for Eufy Baby Monitors?
Extra batteries for Eufy monitors are available in packs of two for $11.99 or a pack of four for $24.99.
This is about $4 per battery when buying two at a time or about $6 per battery when buying four at once.
Eufy offers two different types of battery packs for its baby monitors: one with four AAs and one with four Cs.
The C-pack costs about $6 more than the A-pack, which makes sense because it holds twice as many batteries.
You’ll need to buy an extra battery every three months or so depending on how often you use your monitor and how long it takes you to charge its batteries between uses.
If this sounds like too much money spent on batteries, consider investing in an extra charger instead.
Do Eufy Baby Monitors Always Beep When the Battery Is Low?
No, they don’t.
The baby monitors from Eufy will not always beep when the battery is low.
That said, they do have a low battery indicator that will flash on the monitor screen and sound an audible alarm.
Read our blog here about the battery life of VAVA baby monitors.