Spotify Wrapped is a brilliant feature available to Spotify’s users that enables them to see a yearly summary of their top songs and other listening habits.
If you are a Spotify user and, for some reason, you can’t seem to access Spotify Wrapped, then you’re in the right place.
In this article, we will cover the most common reasons why Wrapped isn’t available to you and if there is anything that can be done to resolve this frustrating problem.
1. Spotify Wrapped is Unavailable because your App is Outdated
The number one reason for users being unable to access their personalized Spotify Wrapped feature is that they are not currently running the most recent version of the Spotify app.
In order to listen to or watch your Wrapped feature, you need to be running Spotify 8.7.86.
If not, you will, unfortunately, be unable to access Wrapped, and you may also experience a number of other issues when using the mobile app.
Keeping all of your apps updated, including Spotify, is highly important, as it helps fix any bugs or malfunctions, improves your security, and enables access to all the app’s latest features.
Thankfully, updating the Spotify app is incredibly straightforward. Simply have a look at the steps below,
and you’ll be listening to your Spotify Wrapped in no time.
Here’s How to Update Spotify on iOS:
- Begin by opening the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device.
- Locate and tap on your profile icon, usually situated on the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Refresh the list of available updates by dragging downwards on your screen. Once the loading icon has disappeared, you will be presented with all the app updates available on your device.
- All you have to do is scroll down through the apps and locate the Spotify app.
- Finally, just tap the ‘Update’ button located adjacent to Spotify’s icon.
If an update is unavailable, and you are running the most up-to-date version of Spotify, then the ‘Update’ button will not be visible.
Here’s How to Update Spotify on your Android Device:
- Firstly, open the Google Play Store on your Android mobile or another android device.
- Next, type ‘Spotify’ into the search bar to locate the app.
- If an update is available, simply click on the ‘Update’ button located next to Spotify’s icon.
- Your Android device will now update Spotify to the latest version.
If you find that there is no ‘Update’ option visible next to Spotify’s icon, then it means that you are currently running the latest version of Spotify and an outdated app is not the reason you cannot listen to Wrapped.
2. You Do Not Meet Spotify’s Wrapped Criteria
Some Spotify users may be unable to access Spotify Wrapped because they haven’t met all the necessary criteria to do so.
There are certain requirements that Spotify users have to have met in order to engage with the Wrapped experience.
Unfortunately, if you haven’t managed to reach the required criteria, you will be unable to enjoy Spotify Wrapped.
These particular requirements are:
- You need to be a user with a registered Premium or Free account.
- You need to have listened to a minimum of 30 tracks for longer than 30 seconds each.
- These tracks must also be from 5 different artists.
- Android devices need to be updated to at least 7.6.0.
- The Spotify app needs to be updated to 8.7.78 to run Wrapped on your device.
For a podcast to be featured in your Wrapped story, there are slightly different criteria. You need to have listened to a minimum of 3 different podcast shows, 3 different full episodes, and for a total of at least 3 different days throughout the year.
Don’t worry though, if you didn’t manage to meet some of these criteria you can still head over to Spotify.com/wrapped and listen to the year’s local and global highlights.
3. An App Glitch means you Need to Manually Search for Wrapped
Spotify’s Wrapped feature should automatically be displayed within the app on your device’s screen, normally identifiable by the use of numerous banners and badges.
If, for some reason, you cannot locate it using this method, all you have to do is search for it manually.
There are a few ways to find the Spotify Wrapped feature. The easiest way is to type either ‘Spotify:data stories:wrapped’ or ‘2022 Wrapped’ into the search bar located at the top.
From here, you will easily be able to access the Wrapped hub and listen to your Wrapped story.
4. The Wrapped Campaign has come to an End
Another reason you may be unable to locate your personalized Wrapped feature, is that Spotify’s Wrapped campaign has come to an end.
Wrapped is normally released in early December, with the exception of this year’s early November 30th release, which surprised and brought joy to listeners around the globe.
The campaign then runs until sometime around the 13th of January, after which, the Wrapped hub is no longer available on the Home Screen.
From this point onwards, you will be redirected to your ‘Top Songs of 2022’ playlist instead of the Wrapped hub.
Spotify recommends users like or follows their Wrapped playlists in order to ensure they always have access to them in the future.
Fortunately, there is a third-party website where you can get your Spotify user data. For an in-depth explanation, head over to our article about StatsforSpotify.com.
5. Wrapped hasn’t Yet been Released for You
This may sound simple, but the reason you may not be able to see your Spotify Wrapped is that it hasn’t been released yet for your account.
Some of you may not be aware that each Spotify Wrapped story isn’t actually released simultaneously to all users on the Spotify platform.
It can be frustrating when your friends are already sharing and enjoying all their Wrapped stories and most listened-to tracks, but you can’t seem to access your own.
However, all you have to do is just be patient – your personal Wrapped story will be released before the end of the day.
6. Your Device is Malfunctioning
Some users have reported over the past few years that the Spotify app glitches and freezes when they go to watch their Wrapped story. This can be due to a problem with the app or, in some cases, your device.
Here are some quick fixes that should help resolve this problem:
- Turn your mobile device off, wait for 30 seconds, then turn it back on again.
- Force close the Spotify app.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet – Wrapped isn’t available offline.
- Sign out of Spotify, then sign back in again.
- Ensure you are using the correct device. Wrapped is only available on mobile devices.
For more information on Spotify Wrapped, take a look at our Spotify Wrapped FAQ!
How to See Spotify Wrapped: Past and Upcoming Playlists
Your 2022 Wrapped FAQ- A Brief History of Sound Streaming