If you just want to see what smart tvs we currently recommend, you can always
click here to see the models and prices for our current recommendations
Did you know you can get HBO through your existing Amazon Prime subscription?
Amazon announced that you can now get HBO Max as an add-on video channel on its Prime services.
That means having only to install one less app for your binge-watching.
What can you expect when using HBO on Amazon Prime?
Here’s What you Need to Know About HBO Max on Amazon Prime:
You can now subscribe to HBO Max using your existing credentials on Amazon Prime.
That means doing away with forms or having to install another app on your TV.
1. Is HBO Max free with Amazon Prime?
HBO Max is not free on Amazon Prime.
HBO Max on Amazon Prime will cost you $14.99 a month, which is also the same cost that you’ll pay for the standalone service of HBO Max.
There is, however, a free trial available for all subscribers, provided that they have not previously signed up for HBO on Amazon Prime.
2. How Long is the HBO Free Trial on Amazon Prime?
HBO has a seven-day free trial for Amazon Prime Subscribers.
If you don’t have Amazon Prime yet, you can sign up for the 30-day free trial.
3. How Much is HBO Max on Amazon Prime?
Subscribing to HBO Max on Amazon Prime will cost you $14.99 a month, the same as subscribing to the standalone HBO Max app.
4. How Can you Sign up for HBO Max Through Amazon Prime?
You will need to log in to your Amazon account on your smartphone or computer.
From there, click on HBO Max in the Prime channels section.
5. Can You Get HBO Max for Free?
You can get HBO Max for a limited trial period of seven days through the Amazon Prime services.
The free trial had been removed on the HBO Max website, and two-tier plans were offered instead. The lower tier, which costs $9.99, gives you basic access to HBO Max, but with ads.
You get more content on the HBO Max ad-free plan, which costs $14.99.
6. Do you Get All Content on HBO Max on Amazon Prime?
Unfortunately, not all content available on HBO Max will be available via Amazon Prime.
Some of the HBO Max content not available on Amazon Prime include HBO Original Content and Theatrical Releases.
But that does not mean you don’t get total access.
You have the option to log into your Amazon Prime account on the HBO Max app, which will give you access to these contents not available on the former’s platform.
7. What is the Cheapest Way to Get HBO Max?
There are two ways of getting HBO Max while getting value for money.
First, with an AT&T Fiber 1000 Plan, you get HBO Max for free. This Internet plan starts at $60 and provides you with Internet speed and bandwidth of up to 1,000Mbps.
This option gives you value for money since it already comes included with your Internet plan.
Second, you can opt for a standalone subscription by signing up for HBO Max on the site for $9.99 but will come with ads. You get an ad-free experience by upgrading to the $14.99 monthly plan.
This may look like the cheapest option, but remember that this payment is still on top of other subscriptions you may need, such as the Internet.
This option is best for those who access HBO Max on the go and can’t always access the Internet at home.
8. What Are the Other Ways of Subscribing to HBO Max?
Here are the ways to subscribe to HBO Max:
- You can sign up via the HBO Max website, which provides for a cheaper option ($9.99 with ads or $14.99 without ads);
- Through the app store that supports HBO Max, you will be charged monthly by your app store. App stores that support HBO Max include the Apple App Store, Amazon Appstore, Google Playstore, Samsung TV, and Roku Channel Store.
- Through Amazon Prime, which costs $14.99, on top of your Amazon Prime subscription;
- You can add HBO Max from your Hulu subscription, also for $14.99, but with the option for HBO only, which does not include HBO Max;
- You may also get HBO Max through the AT&T Fiber 1000 Plan, which includes a free subscription.
- Some cable and satellite TV provide free access to HBO Max, depending on your subscription to them.
- You may also get HBO Max for free with some Internet service providers, aside from AT&T. These providers are Consolidated Communications, Liberty, North State, Optimum, Service Electric Cablevision, Verizon Fios, and Ziply Fiber;
- You can also add HBO Max to your YouTube TV subscription. You only need to sign in to HBO using your YouTube TV account.
- You may also access HBO Max through your Apple TV subscription.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to get HBO Max.
If you think the Amazon subscription isn’t for you, then you have plenty of options to consider.
9. Where Can you Access HBO Max?
You can access HBO Max through the following platforms:
- For smart TVs, HBO Max is available on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Roku TV, Samsung, and Chromecast.
- You can access HBO Max through a web browser on computers running Windows, Mac OS, and Chrome OS for desktop or laptop access.
- For mobile users, HBO Max is available on Android and iOS devices.
- You can also access HBO Max using gaming consoles, such as the Sony Playstation and Microsoft Xbox.
10. Amazon Prime Works Outside the US. Will HBO Max with Amazon Prime Work Too?
You cannot use HBO Max outside the US due to existing copyright law coverage.
11. How Do you Sign in to HBO Max on a Smart TV Using Amazon Prime Video?
Signing in using your Amazon Prime account is easy:
- Log in to HBO Max on your TV. A code will be displayed.
- On your smartphone or computer, go to the URL above the code and type in the code.
- Click sign in with a provider, and look for Prime Video Channels under the list of providers.
- Sign in with your Amazon account and grand HBO Max permission.
- You can now use HBO Max on your smart TV.
12. How Many Screens Can Use HBO Max?
Up to three (3) users can use HBO Max at the same time.
But, for those using HBO Max on the Amazon Prime Video app, only two (2) devices can stream simultaneously.
13. How Does HBO Max on Amazon Prime Video Work?
You will get a seven-day free trial when you sign up for HBO Max via the Prime Video Channels.
Once HBO Max is active on your Prime Video account on your TV, you will see all the HBO content made available for Amazon.
That means you don’t have to install any app, and it’s also a good way of using TVs, such as LG and Vizio, which don’t have the HBO Max app available natively.
Note that there are limitations to this, as you don’t get the original content from HBO through Prime Video.
14. What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Amazon Prime for HBO Max?
One advantage of using Amazon Prime for your HBO subscription is having a single place for billing these subscriptions.
It can be quite convenient for people who want a single billing for subscriptions.
On the other hand, you can only get the $14.99 subscription for HBO Max on Prime. And you also don’t get all the content available on HBO Max when using Amazon Prime.
You can, however, log into the HBO Max app using your Amazon Prime credentials to access the contents you can’t get on the Prime Video Channels.
If you want better accessibility, you can try using HBO Max on Hulu or YouTube TV.
You get access to HBO exclusive content, although you won’t get the exclusive on newly released movie titles that Warner, HBO’s mother company, will be published on the platform.
HBO on Amazon Prime is the most affordable option for consolidating content from the latter into the Prime Video Channels.
But it’s not exactly the best option.
If you’re looking for more content, you should consider the Hulu or YouTube TV integration, which costs at least $60, but you get access to the HBO original content in one platform.
On the other hand, if you don’t mind using another app, you can always use your Prime account to log into HBO Max and gain full access.
That said, the Amazon Prime integration of HBO Max is still a fair deal, considering that it costs just the same when subscribing directly on their website.