Being able to listen to Spotify through a Samsung TV is a great feature that you should definitely take advantage of.
However, although Samsung TVs support the Spotify App, some users have experienced some problems with this.
You can read more on these issues and some troubleshooting tips in this article.
1. Spotify’s Functionality is Limited on your TV
Many smart TVs are compatible with the Spotify app. Though not all smart TVs come with the app, and this is why you might find that Spotify is ‘not working’ on your Samsung TV– you will need to download it.
You need to go to the app store on the TV or set-top box and look up Spotify.
The first thing that you need to do is log in.
Here’s how to log in to Spotify on your TV:
Access the Spotify app on your TV, then select any of the following methods to log in:
- Type your Spotify email address and your password. If you generally log in with Facebook, make a Spotify password for logging in with your email address.
- Access the Spotify app on your mobile or tablet, and locate your device via Spotify Connect.
- Choose ‘Log in with PIN’. Then on the other device, visit www.spotify.com/pair and put in the pin visible on your screen.
If you are still struggling or you aren’t able to access the Spotify app on your smart TV, here are some alternative ways to listen to Spotify on your TV?
You can also link Spotify to your TV via these devices:
- Google Chromecast
- Apple AirPlay
- Now Smart Stick
Some Spotify users report that the app is not working altogether on Samsung TVs.
This could be due to several reasons, and the best thing to do is to follow the troubleshooting tips provided below to rectify the problem.
Troubleshooting tips to get Spotify working on your Samsung TV:
- Ensure the TV is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Look out for any Spotify updates in the TV app store.
- Make sure that your TV has the latest software available.
- Restart your Spotify app.
- Restart the TV.
- Disconnect and Reconnect to the internet.
- Delete your Spotify app, then download it again.
- Use an alternative Wi-Fi connection if possible.
- If ‘Connect’ isn’t functioning on your TV: enable the feature that allows Spotify to display over other apps.
- Access ‘Settings’ > ‘Apps’ > ‘Special app access’ > select ‘Display over other apps’
Try logging in with another account to ensure that it is not a problem with your account. If you do not have access to someone else’s account you can create a test account via an alternate email address.
If these tips do not rectify the issue, contact your TV manufacturer for further assistance.
2. Spotify App Freezes on the Samsung TV
Some people have experienced the frustrating problem of their Spotify App freezing on their Samsung TVs. Spotify has not been able to provide users with a proper explanation or solution to this.
If you are in this predicament, there are some things that you can try.
Check your internet connection:
See that you have a stable internet connection on your TV.
We recommend conducting a simple speed test. All you need to do is search for this on your preferred search engine.
If it is not stable, restart your TV and reconnect the internet. If possible, connect to another internet connection.
You need to update the Spotify app:
The simplest method of troubleshooting is to update your Spotify App.
When the app isn’t working, you should delete the old version. Thereafter, ensure you download the latest version of the Spotify app to your Samsung TV.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Apps panel’ on the Samsung TV.
- Locate the Spotify app below ‘My Apps’ and click ‘Uninstall’
- Launch the ‘Samsung Apps Store’, type ‘Spotify’ in the search bar, and select install.
You need to use the latest Samsung TV software:
- Switch the Samsung Smart TV on.
- On the main screen, navigate to ‘Menu’ >’Support’ > click ‘Software Update’
- If the latest version is available, go through the screen instructions to upgrade to the new version.
There is also a possibility that Spotify is experiencing a sitewide issue. You can check @SpotifyStatus on Twitter to see if there have been any reports.
If you need further assistance, you can tweet your query using @SpotifyCares or by visiting http://support.spotify.com or community.spotify.com.
You can also follow the other troubleshooting tips mentioned above in the previous section.
3. Poor Spotify Audio Quality on Samsung TV
There have been numerous complaints about the Spotify volume being so loud that it distorts when being played on a Samsung TV. This is an ongoing issue that Spotify has yet to provide a solution to.
There are some things that you can try to improve the quality of sound.
Here’s how to tweak the TV sound settings
You can find three Sound Mode presets on your TV: Standard (default preset), Optimized, and Amplify.
It’s simple to navigate between these sound modes.
On the latest Samsung TVs:
- Click the ‘Home’ button on your remote.
- Go to ‘Quick Settings
- Then adjust your mode in the ‘Sound Mode’ function.
Alternatively, use this method which is available on all Samsung TVs:
- Select the ‘Home’ button on your remote
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Choose ‘Sound’, and then choose ‘Sound Mode’
Once you select a sound mode you can choose the best sound for you.
Here are some other TV sound settings you can try out:
- Balance: Emphasizes sound from either speaker.
- Equalizer: Tweaks the stage of low and high bands.
- HDMI Input Audio Format: This enables you to choose your desired audio format for the HDMI audio input.
- Digital Output Audio Format: This lets you decide on the digital output format. The Dolby Digital + feature is only available through HDMI (ARC) for external speakers supporting this format.
- Dolby Atmos Input: Switch On if the external speakers are compatible with Dolby Atmos.
- Auto Volume: Automatically arranges volume depending on your usage.
- Sound Feedback: Plays audio cues as you go through the settings and select functions.
- Reset Sound: Restores sound to factory settings.
Remember that you can also adjust the sound settings on the Spotify App and this could help the overall sound.
General Pros and Cons of Using Spotify on a Samsung TV
Spotify on Samsung QLED Smart TVs allows you to experience the content you love on a big screen. You can switch between albums, tracks, and playlists using a TV remote control or through Spotify Connect, using your phone or tablet as the remote.
Spotify is compatible with all Samsung Tizen Smart TVs. This includes the 4k and 8k QLED ranges.
- Certain issues might restrict or even prevent Spotify’s functionality on the TV
- The Spotify App might freeze on the TV
- The Spotify sound on a Samsung TV might be loud and distorted
Spotify allows users to enjoy the app from a TV. This is a great feature, particularly when you want to share your listening experience with others.
Unfortunately, bugs and glitches can creep in and prevent you from enjoying this feature.
Try the troubleshooting tips mentioned above if you have an issue with using Spotify on your Samsung TV.