Audible credits is a “currency” in themselves, and in the audiobook world, allow users to purchase audiobooks far cheaper than buying them with a credit card at retail prices.
If you already know how wonderful these credits are, then you’re probably asking yourself how you can get your hands on some more.
Whether Audible has given you fewer credits than you expected or you’re looking for a plan with free credits, this article has got your questions covered.
Table of Contents
Everything You Need To Know About Audible Credits
Monthly credits are only included with Audible’s Premium Plus membership plans. The amount of credits that one will receive is dictated by the Premium Plus membership that the user signed up for with Audible. The membership plan can be upgraded to one that allocates more monthly credits.
Table of Contents
Does Audible Really Only Include 1 Credit Per Month?
Audible credits give fantastic opportunities for Audible members to get their hands on a brand new audiobook to keep forever.
The question of how many credits a member will have each month depends upon their specific membership plan.
- Audible credits can be used in place of currency to purchase and own audiobooks on Audible.
- Users with a Plus membership will not receive credits each month.
- Premium Plus members will receive at least one credit a month.
Monthly credits are an exclusive part of the Premium Plus package membership.
There are of course other ways that an Audible user can gain a credit (or be in possession of one) without needing to be a Premium Plus member, however, only Premium Plus members will gain them each month.
Below you can take a look at a breakdown of Premium Plus Memberships to help you understand the differences in how credits are allocated between these plans:
- Audible Plus
With this $7.95 plan you have free access to listen unlimited to a wide selection of content, including audiobooks.
- Audible Premium Plus
With the premium plan (with costs twice as much) you get the same as with Audible Plus and you also get access to an extra library of content. From this extra library you can choose one book per month.
As you can see, there are different price brackets and these factors affect the number of books you get.
There are again different pricing with the memberships made on Audible’s app.
Take a look at the differences below and check how many credits you’ll be allocated with these plans:
- Plus Membership
- 0 credits given per month
- $7.99 per month
- Premium Plus Membership
- 1 credit given per month
- $15.99 per month
- Premium Plus Annual Membership
- 12 credits given per year
- $149.99 per year
The big difference between the app memberships and the normal plans is that the credits that you receive via an Audible Premium Plus membership on either iOS or Android will never expire.
Credits allocated with the first plans (non-app plans) will expire after 12 months from the date they were given.
You may have also noticed that the Plus membership does not include any monthly credits whatsoever, however, you will still have unlimited and free access to over 10,000 titles from the Plus Catalog.
How Do You Get More Than One Credit Per Month?
So you’ve understood that the number of credits you’ll receive per month is based on your membership plan, but if you’ve found that it’s not enough for you, then maybe you’ll need to find a way of accruing a few more…
The good news is that Audible allows you to buy more credits, so long as you meet a certain set of criteria.
- Audible will allow you to buy a ‘bundle’ of 3 credits if:
- You are a Premium Plus member
- You’ve had a membership for at least 30 days
- Your credit balance has run low (between 0-1 credits left)
Audible has also stated that:
“This special offer also applies if you are on a gift membership, put your membership on a hold, or switch to another Premium Plus membership.”
How Much Do Individual Credits Cost?
It’s not possible to buy individual credits, but you could equate the cost of a single credit to the price of a monthly Premium Plus membership – $14.95.
However, as previously mentioned, credits can be purchased in bundles of 3, and the prices differ depending on the membership plan you are currently on:
- Premium Plus 1 Credit Monthly Plan
- The bundle costs $35.88
- Premium Plus Monthly 2 Credit Plan
- The bundle costs $34.41
- Premium Plus Annual 12 Credit Membership
- The bundle costs $29.90
- Premium Plus Annual 24 Credit Membership
- The bundle costs $28.68
How Long Can You Return A Book & Get The Credit Back?
As you’ve probably discovered, these Audible credits are extremely useful.
The cost of credits is far less than purchasing full-price audiobooks.
However, if you’ve used a credit to purchase an audiobook from Audible and have found that you’ve either made a mistake or are not completely satisfied, then the chances are that you’re hoping for a refund.
Thankfully, a refund can be honored, and you’ll get the credit you spent returned to you, ready to be used on an audiobook that really hits the spot.
Here’s what you need to know about having credits refunded:
- To be eligible for a refund, the audiobook must be returned within 365 days from the day you purchased it.
- The currency you used to pay for the audiobook will be returned to you (so if you used a credit then you can expect a credit back).
- Credits are refunded immediately, there’s no need to wait.
- Payments made using a credit card will take up to 7-10 business days.
Remember, refunded credits will expire after 12 months from the date you received them back.
It’s always worth keeping this in mind so that you don’t lose out on owning another amazing audiobook.
Is There Any Way To Get More Credits For Free?
Everyone loves a freebie and Audible credits are a sought-after commodity, so it’s a no-brainer to try and find a way to pick some up for free.
One of the easiest ways to grab yourself some no-cost credits is to sign up for a free trial.
- Audible’s 30-day free Premium Plus trial will give you 2 free credits to spend on any audiobook in their 500,000-strong library.
- Remember to cancel your subscription unless you want to continue with the plan, otherwise, you’ll be charged a minimum of $14.95 per month from the day that your trial ends.
The other way that somebody might receive some free Audible credits is if they’ve been gifted them:
- Audible offers Gift memberships which are specialized membership plans that can be bought for the audiobook fanatic in your life as a present.
- Gift memberships come with a certain amount of credits depending on the length of time the plan runs for.
How Many Credits Do Other Audiobook Apps Offer Per Month?
Interestingly enough, Audiobooks.com offer an almost identical package to Audible in regards to both the amount of credits users receive and the monthly price they have to pay.
Audiobooks.com website clearly states that:
“Members on 1 credit per month plans will be billed $14.95 (…) A credit can be used to redeem any (one) audiobook.”
Audiobooks.com also, similarly to Audible, allows its members to purchase additional credits.
What sets Audiobooks.com apart, however, is that they offer membership plans that give their users 3 credits a month, which is one more than Audible’s top Premium Plus plan.
- Audible: What Is A Credit
- Audible: Extra Credits | Audible.com
- Audible: Can I Buy More Credits?
- Audiobooks: Our Pricing Information