Audible is an incredibly popular audiobook platform run by Amazon. If you’re keen to sign up but you’re wondering whether Audible will work with your device, then look no further.
In this article, you will discover whether Audible is compatible with a range of devices, from iPhones to Garmin watches.
1. Does Audible Work on Kindle?
Kindle owners will be pleased to hear that it is definitely possible to listen to their Audiobooks from Audible through their Kindle app using Audible’s immersive reading feature ‘Whispersync for Voice’.
As long as your chosen audiobook has a Kindle eBook companion, you will be able to use the Kindle app to easily switch between listening and reading.
Simply go to Amazon’s official website and search for ‘Kindle Books with Audible Narration’ to find their ever-increasing collection of Kindle-compatible audiobooks.
2. Does Audible Work on Apple Watch?
The great news is that it is 100% possible to listen to your audiobooks on your Apple Watch as long as you have connected it to a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
- Download and sign into the Audible app.
- Open the Audible app on your Apple Watch.
- Search through your library of audiobooks.
- Select the audiobook you want and press ‘play’
3. Does Audible Work on iPhones?
It couldn’t be easier to listen to Audible using your iPhone. As long as you have an iPhone 6s or higher, all you have to do to listen to your favorite audiobooks is use the free Audible app.
Simply visit the App Store and search for ‘Audible’. Once you have downloaded the app, sign in, and you will be able to play your audiobooks easily.
4. Does Audible Work on Android?
Many devices are compatible with Audible, and Android devices running the Android OS 6 and higher are no exception.
Listening to Audible using the Android app is a straightforward process:
- Head to the Google Play Store on your device.
- Type ‘Audible’ into the search bar and choose the option to download.
- After downloading the Audible app, sign in.
- Browse the library, and you will be listening to your favorite audiobooks in no time.
Please also read our easy answer guide to Audible login issues!
5. Does Audible Work on Android Auto?
Long commutes can be exasperatingly dull, but those of you with an Android-Auto-compatible car will be pleased to hear you can link it to Audible to listen to some great audiobooks while you drive.
You can either use your car’s built-in interface or connect your Android device directly to your car’s system with a USB cable.
What’s even better is that if you are currently listening to an audiobook when you connect to your car, all you need to do is sit back and relax as Audible will continue playing the audiobook straight through your car’s speakers.
6. Does Audible Work on Apple CarPlay?
Apple CarPlay is an iOS system that lets owners listen to music and podcasts from their iPhones straight to their car’s speakers. Just like with Android Auto, Audible is completely compatible with Apple CarPlay.
To listen to Audible through Apple CarPlay all you have to do is:
- Connect your iPhone to your car’s system via a USB cable.
- Choose ‘CarPlay’ on the display.
- Open the Audible app and navigate to ‘Titles’
- Select the audiobook you want to listen to, sit back, and enjoy your drive.
It’s worth noting that you will need an iPhone 5 or later in order to connect with Apple CarPlay.
7. Does Audible Work on Alexa?
Alexa owners can easily enjoy listening to Audible titles through their Amazon Echo device using Alexa.
Simply ask Alexa to play a certain audiobook in your library or say, ‘Alexa, read my audiobook’ to listen to your most recently listened to audiobook.
The only two things you will be unable to use with Alexa are the ‘Clips & bookmarks’ and ‘Stats & badges’ features.
8. Does Audible Work on Google Home?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to connect Audible with your Google Home device.
There are, however, two workarounds you can try in order to listen to your audiobooks through your chosen Google Home device using the Audible app.
- You can pair your speaker using Bluetooth to your Audible app.
- For Android owners, you can cast your titles to the speaker using the Google Home app.
9. Does Audible Work on Siri?
Sadly, Apple’s AI ‘Siri’ is unable to control any non-Apple or third-party apps. This means you will be unable to use Siri to play any Audible audiobooks through your chosen device Audible is not an Apple product.
However, some users have found a workaround in which they transfer their Audible library to iTunes. Then they can use Siri’s voice command abilities to play and pause audiobooks.
Perhaps in the future, Apple will release an update in which Siri will be able to control non-Apple products, but for now, it is best to stick to other alternatives.
10. Does Audible Work on Apple TV?
Unfortunately, as Audible is run by Amazon, the Audible app is not available for download on Apple TV. In fact, Apple TV’s podcast-playing abilities are very limited.
There is, however, a workaround that you can try by following the steps below:
How to use AirPlay to Play Audible on your Apple TV
- Begin by ensuring both your iPhone and Apple TV are connected to a stable internet connection.
- Open up the control panel on your phone and tap on ‘AirPlay’
- Choose the destination as your Apple TV.
- Now that they are connected, simply launch the Audible app and tap on the audiobook that you want to listen to, and it will begin playing from your Apple TV’s speakers.
11. Does Audible Work on Chromebooks?
You’ll have no problem listening to Audible on your Chromebook. Up until 2017, it was rather difficult to listen to audiobooks on a Chromebook as there was no ability to download Android apps from the Google Play Store.
Since then, any Chromebooks released have the ability to do so, making listening to Audible that much easier.
12. Does Audible Work on Amazon’s Echo Devices?
Audible subscribers will be able to listen to their audiobooks with all of Amazon’s Echo devices. Being the same brand, they are completely compatible.
All users have to do is open the Audible app and tap Play or just ask Alexa to play an audiobook for them.
Check out our article on Audible and Data Privacy!
13. Does Audible Work on Garmin?
Garmin is renowned for its sports watches and activity trackers, and subscribers will be pleased to know that there are 3 ways in which you can listen to your Audible titles through your Garmin watch.
Three ways to listen to Audible on Garmin:
- Playing Audible on your Garmin device via Audible Manager.
- Using an audiobook converter to convert your titles to DRM-free files that are compatible with your Garmin.
- Listening to your Audible books by using Garmin Express.
14. Does Audible Work on Galaxy Watches?
Unfortunately, Audible subscribers cannot directly listen to their audiobooks using a Samsung Galaxy watch. This is because there is currently no Audible app available for download on these watches.
However, some workarounds are available to bypass this slight hindrance, such as:
- Using a third-party app to get rid of the DRM protection that is encoded on all of Audible’s audiobooks.
- Using a USB to transfer Audible files to your Android phone and connecting with your Galaxy watch.
- iOS users can use Gear Music Manager to transfer their audiobooks directly to their Galaxy device from their computer.
15. Does Audible Work on iPod Touch?
If you’re an iPod touch owner, you will be pleased to know that you can easily listen to your audiobooks using the Audible for iOS app.
iPods are one of the leaders when it comes to portable digital music devices, and being compatible with Audible only makes them that much more brilliant.
- Visit the App Store on your iPod Touch.
- Type ‘Audible’ into the search bar and then tap on ‘Get’
It really couldn’t get any simpler!
16. Does Audible Work on iPad?
If you are an Audible subscriber and you were wondering whether it’s possible to listen on your iPad, then look no further. You’ll be happy to hear that Audible works on every Apple device, including iPads.
To download the free ‘Audible for iOS’ app on your iPad, follow the instructions below.
- Open the App Store on your iPad.
- Navigate to the search bar and type in ‘Audible’
- Next to the app’s icon, you will see ‘Get’.
- To download the app, tap “Get” and log into your account.
You will be listening to your Audible Audiobooks in no time at all!
If you’ve got more questions, take a look at our answer guide to Audible and iOs.
17. Does Audible Work on Sonos?
If you were wondering whether your Sonos wireless speaker is compatible with Audible, then you will be pleased to know that listening to Audible with your Sonos speaker couldn’t be any easier.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Begin by ensuring your phone, tablet, or PC and your Sonos speaker are both connected to the same WiFi network.
- Next, launch the Audible app on your device and select which audiobook you want to listen to.
- On the player screen, tap on ‘Connect a device’
- Finally, select your Sonos device.
Your audiobook will now begin playing from your Sonos speaker.