I have a toddler son and had to learn about range of baby monitors.
In this article we will look at the range of Angelcare baby monitors as well as the best option available out of their products.
Here’s the Range of Angelcare Baby Monitors:
Angelcare Baby Monitors have an average range of 750 feet. Some models are closer to 600 feet whereas the better models can do 800 feet. This is enough for most homes, but you may want to measure your own home to be sure.
What Angelcare Baby Monitor Has the Best Range?
Here are the ranges of the most commonly used products from Angelcare:
- The Angelcare AC403 has a range of 656 feet, which is more than enough for most homes.
- The next option is the AC401, which also has a range of 656 feet. If you’re looking for something that will work well in houses with many walls between your baby and the monitor, we recommend getting one of these two models instead of one with a shorter range.
- The Angelcare AC527 has the best range of all Angelcare baby monitors. it will give you 820 feet range.
It’s also worth looking at some of the other brands if you’re looking to get a really good range on your baby monitor. Angel care is not designed for very long distances.
They’re meant to be used indoors in your house or apartment which also means they won’t give you more than 500-800 feet of range.
The best monitors on the market can give you up to 1,000 feet range or more and you will probably only need that when you’re outdoors. Then you will often get a better range on ANY baby monitor anyway.
So make sure to test your current baby monitor outdoors before investing in a more expensive model. You might be surprised how long a range you get outdoors compared to indoors.
How Long Do Baby Monitors Generally Reach?
The technology is designed to allow you to hear and/or see your child, and some of the baby monitors from Angel care will also let you monitor movement (or lack of movement).
The average range of a baby monitor is around 300 feet, but some models can reach distances as far as 2,000 feet.
Some units will connect to your wifi and let you monitor your baby as long as you are within range of your wifi signal.
How Stable Is the Signal Over Longer Distances?
There are many different factors that can affect the quality of a signal and how stable it is over longer distances.
This includes things like the strength of the signal itself and any interference from other devices or even other people using their phones or computers near your baby’s room.
The basic antennas on the baby monitors are not that strong.
The two main factors that affect the stability of the signal are the frequency band and the antenna:
- If you are using a 2.4GHz frequency baby monitor, then it is possible to have some interference if you are in a large house or a multi-story building with many wireless devices transmitting at the same time (e.g., smartphones, laptops, etc.). You can reduce this interference by choosing channels that are not being used by other devices in your home or building. Some newer baby monitors have a “frequency scan” feature that automatically scans for an unused channel.
- The antenna can be improved, but not without messing with the unit and most likely also putting an end to your warranty.
Can You Extend the Range of Angelcare Baby Monitors?
Yes you can.
But it require a little bit of skill, and you will need a wifi antenna you can mount into the baby unit.
Here’s a video that shows you how it’s done.
The guy in the video gives the baby unit a 5 min fix which allows him to install a better antenna into the side of the thing.
He uses heat to melt the plastic on the side of the case so the female antenna outlet for the antenna can stick out the side.
So you’ll need:
- A wifi antenna
- a female antenna head
- soldering iron kit
First you open the case of the baby unit.
Then you locate the antenna which probably looks like a little iron rod that is bent toward the top of the thing. Then you take it out (using the soldering iron) and now you have no signal at all as the antenna is disengaged.
Now you attach the new antenna head so you can mount the wifi antenna on the side of the thing – which will enable you to get a much better range.
You can often double the range of your baby monitor by doing this!
Why Does My Angelcare Baby Monitor Say “Out of Range”?
When your baby monitor says “out of range” it means that the parent unit cannot communicate with the baby unit.
You will need to get closer or you will need to remove some obstacles between the two units.
If the units are within a few hundred feet of each other you should have the units looked at as the range should well extend that range with no problems.