Are you planning to subscribe to Peacock? There are some things you ought to know about Peacock before you jump in.
For one, Peacock is available on almost all platforms that can connect to the Internet. But there are some exceptions to this coverage.
Here’s What You Need to Know about Smart TVs and Peacock.
Peacock is a streaming service you can use with your Vizio, LG, Sony, Apple TV, and other smart TVs that run the Android TV OS. It is currently incompatible with Samsung. However, there are other ways to access Peacock, such as casting.
1. How Can You Watch Peacock on a Smart TV?
Peacock is currently available on the following smart TVs:
- LG smart TVs running webOS 3.5 or later;
- Vizio smart TVs using Smartcast 2.0 or 3.5; and,
- Any smart TV running the Android TV OS.
If you are using any of the smart TVs above, you can download the Peacock app.
Note that while the Fire TV OS is based on Android, it remains unsupported by Peacock.
If you are using other platforms, such as Samsung’s Tizen OS, you can connect to Peacock using a Chromecast.
2. How Do You Connect a Smart TV to Peacock?
You need to sign up on the Peacock website before you can sign in on your smart TV.
On the website, you need to choose which plan you prefer.
After signing up, you can then download the app on your smart TV and sign in using the credentials you used.
3. How Do You Download the Peacock App on a Smart TV?
You can download the Peacock app in the app store of your smart TV, with a couple of exceptions.
- For Vizio smart TVs, the Peacock app does not need to be downloaded since it uses a cloud system for all apps.
- If you are accessing the Peacock app using Chromecast, make sure to download the Peacock app on your smartphone.
4. Does Peacock Still Work without a Subscription?
You need to subscribe to Peacock to use its features.
But don’t worry about subscription costs, as Peacock has a free plan that you can select! There is also a seven-day free trial if you want to try the paid subscriptions.
5. Does Peacock Work with All the Major Smart TV Brands?
Peacock is known for working with Vizio, LG, Sony, Apple TV, and other smart TVs that run the Android TV OS.
It is currently incompatible with Samsung, despite its popularity. But if your Samsung smart TV has Chromecast, it can stream Peacock using it.
6. Is Peacock Free on Smart TVs?
Peacock is free to download on any compatible smart TV.
You will need an account to use it, but there is a free subscription available, as well as paid plans.
7. How Many Devices Can Use Peacock at the Same Time?
Up to three devices can stream Peacock at the same time.
8. Why Is Peacock Not Working on My Smart TV?
Should you experience some connectivity issues with Peacock on your smart TV, consider the following fixes:
- Close Peacock and all other running apps, then open Peacock again.
- Turn off and unplug your smart TV, then wait for 20 seconds before restarting the TV.
- Ensure you have enough bandwidth and a strong connection to the Internet, especially if you connect your TV via Wi-Fi.
- Consider clearing the cache and data from the Peacock app, which you can do through the app settings menu.
The last resort would be to uninstall and reinstall Peacock on your smart TV.
9. Why Does My Smart TV Not Have a Peacock App?
For smart TVs known to work with Peacock, you can find it in the app store.
If you are using a Samsung smart TV, Peacock remains incompatible for now.
Peacock is not yet popular enough for it to be installed by default by manufacturers.
10. Can I Download Peacock Shows to My Smart TV?
Like most other streaming services, you cannot download Peacock shows to your smart TV.
Smart TVs, for the most part, are read-only and do not store data.
11. Do You Need a Smart TV to Watch Peacock?
You don’t necessarily need a smart TV to access Peacock.
There are other platforms you can use to watch content on Peacock.
- If you own a non-smart TV with an HDMI input, you can use any Android TV streaming box to watch Peacock.
- You can also use an Apple TV box or Chromecast to watch Peacock when cast from a smartphone.
- If you own a Sony Playstation 4 or Microsoft Xbox, you can download the Peacock app through the app stores of these consoles.
- Peacock also has an app available on Android and iOS. You can download them through the Google Playstore or Apple App Store.
12. How Do I Sign in and out of Peacock on My Smart TV?
You can sign into Peacock on your smart TV by downloading the app onto your TV, then using the credentials you used when signing up for the service.
If you want to sign out, follow these steps:
- Go to your account by clicking the upper right icon on the home screen of Peacock.
- There will be an option to sign out in the menu.
- Confirm your action, and Peacock will sign out from your account.
13. My Smart TV Keeps Kicking Me Off Peacock
If Peacock crashes and kicks you off during streaming, consider doing the following:
- Reboot your smart TV or Android streaming box by turning it off and unplugging it.
- Then, wait for 20 seconds before restarting it.
- Clear the cache and data of your smart TV.
- Restart Peacock.
14. How Can I Watch Peacock Without a Smart TV?
If you don’t have a smart TV, the best option to watch Peacock is through your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
You can also watch Peacock on your computer using any of the following browsers:
- Chrome version 70 and above for both Windows and Mac
- Firefox version 65 and above for Windows or Mac
- MS Edge version 40 and above for Windows 10 or later
- Safari version 12 and above for Mac
15. Does Peacock Have Parental Controls?
Peacock allows you to restrict any content in the app based on different age groups.
Peacock’s parental control lets you set a PIN code, which you input if you want to watch content within the restricted age bracket.
16. Can I Block Peacock Access on My Smart TV?
Like all apps on a smart TV, you can block the Peacock app if you want to restrict access to it.
Each smart TV differs in blocking content, but for the most part, you will need to access the parental controls of your TV to block it. You can opt for this restriction if you do not want anyone to access Peacock on your smart TV without your consent.
To learn more about blocking apps, check out our article How To Block Content & Channels On Smart TVs (Solved!).
17. How Do I Cancel My Peacock Subscription?
Should you find yourself unsatisfied with Peacock, you can always cancel your account.
If you want to cancel, you need to log into your account on the Peacock website.
- Go to My Account and click on Plans and Payments.
- Look for Cancel Plan, which will end your subscription by the end of the billing cycle.
- You can also opt to downgrade to a Free Plan if you are not satisfied. That way, should you want to use Peacock again, you can sign in and not go through the whole signup process.