Hootsuite is a social media management system that allows users to update their social media accounts in one place.
Hootsuite provides users with lots of tools that help businesses grow, including social listening and analytics.
Optimally, social media should help businesses generate leads for sales. An efficient Customer Relationship Management system can help secure those leads and increase sales.
Here’s What You Need to Know about Hootsuite’s CRM Capabilities:
Hootsuite is primarily a social media tool. It helps you manage your social media presence. However, Hootsuite can integrate with CRM tools, including Salesforce. It is worth noting that even before the integration with Salesforce, Hootsuite already featured CRM tools, including social listening and analytics.
What Exactly Is a CRM system?
A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is a tool that lets you oversee and followthrough with interactions made between your business and potential or returning customers.
A CRM system can do a lot of things:
- It helps you keep track of the potential customers you come into contact with—in person, online, or by phone—and update the progress of your connection with your clients.
- CRM systems also let you track discourse about your business or industry online. From here, you can join discussions and work to convert these engagements into leads and sales.
- CRM systems streamline customer communication followup. Because information is in a single database, you can easily share leads with colleagues.
- The centralized system also gives your business analysts an idea of how the brand is performing, so they can recommend adjustments to strengthen your marketing campaigns.
- You can also gauge public sentiment of your brand through CRM systems. Known as social listening, understanding the demographics and sentiments of potential customers can help you improve your business’ customer engagement.
Does Hootsuite Offer the Features of a Basic CRM?
Hootsuite offers users basic CRM functions.
More features are unlocked in each tier of the Hootsuite subscription packages. There are five tiers.
- With the most basic plan, which is free, you can set up streams to search for mentions of your brand or industry on Twitter.
- With Professional, the lowest paid plan, you can track your response time to inquiries made on your social media profiles. Having the ability to check how fast you respond can help you streamline and improve your customer responses.
- When you sign up for higher-tier plans, such as a third-tier Team subscription, you can assign people to respond to inquiries or mentions made about your brand.
- You get the most CRM-related features when subscribed to the Enterprise plan of Hootsuite, which includes the integration with Salesforce, which is its own high-powered CRM system.
Do You Need a Separate CRM System Besides Hootsuite?
It depends on what features of a CRM system you need.
If you are only looking to engage with people who mention your brand or interact with your social media profiles, then you can probably do without an entire CRM system.
But if you want to track the progress of each inquiry or mention from potential customers, keep your team updated and on task, manage sales, and manage all your customer data, then you may want to seriously consider a CRM system to help you keep tabs on these records.
What CRM Systems Does Hootsuite Integrate with?
Hootsuite currently has integrations with multiple CRM systems including:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Oracle Eloqua
- Simple Sales Tracking
- Social Hub by Springbot
Does Hootsuite Integrate with Salesforce?
Hootsuite integrates with Salesforce for Hootsuite subscribers using the top-tier Enterprise plan.
With this integration, you can import data you gather from social media posts and input it to your Salesforce database for future reference.
Does Hootsuite Integrate with Dynamics CRM?
Hootsuite allows you to integrate the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM into the Hootsuite dashboard and is free for any Hootsuite plan.
Like Salesforce, Hootsuite lets you input leads into the Dynamics CRM system information so you can follow through later.
What Should You Integrate Your CRM with?
There are a lot of services and apps that complement CRM systems that can help you create a more seamless workflow.
Here are some of our recommended services to integrate with CRM systems:
Email Marketing is a crucial component of any digital marketing campaign, and it can be even more impactful when integrated with a CRM system.
- It’s a direct form of contact with potential clients and it helps cultivate leads.
- Email follow-up can help nurture client relations and garner more sales.
- Email marketing services can track replies and guide your business strategy so you can get better leads over time
Hootsuite has add-ons that help you with email marketing. You can learn more about Hootsuite’s email marketing capabilities in our article.
Social Media Tools
Integrating a CRM system with social media can be a huge asset to your business.
- You can turn inquiries from social media into leads and sales more seamlessly when you import these inquiries into your CRM for follow-up.
- If you get after-sales inquiries, you can possibly turn that into another sale in the future by keeping track of the people who have engaged and had questions about the product after the sale.
Calendar or Scheduling Apps
A lot of the commonly used calendar services such as Google and Apple Calendar can be integrated into your CRM system.
You can use these features to keep track of deadlines, milestones, or appointments and keep tabs on how well your sales are going over time.
Business Intelligence or Visualization
Don’t get lost in all the statistics of your business!
Instead of sifting through different rows and columns, convert important business statistics into more visually appealing and understandable presentations with analytical services like AppInsights and Plecto, which can help you create visuals that simplify your data.