OBS is one of the most popular streaming software out there. It’s free and it can be used to stream to many platforms.
But there are some limitations.
In this article, we’ll talk about Instagram and OBS and show you how to get OBS up and run flawlessly on Instagram.
Here’s If OBS Can Stream To Instagram:
If you want to stream directly to Instagram, then you can use OBS Studio to do so. However, if you’re on a Mac or have a gaming console that requires a capture card (like an Xbox One) then unfortunately no. There are some steps you need to follow in order for it to work.
Table of Contents
OBS is a free program that lets you record your screen and stream in real time.
It’s not meant for streaming live video to YouTube or Twitch because those platforms have their own built-in streaming software that does the job better than anything else out there.
Do OBS Work with Instagram Right Out of the Box?
No, but you can integrate it with just a few clicks. You can use the official Livestream plugin or the free OBS Studio Browser Source for this purpose. Both are available on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
You can also find some other options in our list below.
If you use XSplit or other streaming software, it may not be able to stream directly to Instagram out of the box. However, there are workarounds for this problem if you have a bit of technical knowledge and time on your hands.
Read our article here about can OBS stream flawlessly to Facebook?
Can Non-Techies Figure Out How to Use Obs with Instagram?
Yes and no.
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a great tool for streaming to platforms other than Twitch. However, it’s not always the easiest program to use.
If you’re a non-techie who wants to stream on Instagram, there are a few things that you need to know before you start.
First, let’s talk about why you might want to use OBS with Instagram in the first place. After all, there are plenty of other options out there.
If you like using OBS because of its versatility, then go ahead and stick with it. It’s an excellent program that offers tons of customization options and support from an active community.
This software has been developed in such a way that it can be used by both non-techies as well as those who are tech savvy.
For example, you don’t need any prior knowledge about broadcasting software or streaming services like Twitch or YouTube Gaming etc., all you need is just basic knowledge about how computers work in general and how they interact with each other over the internet.
How Do You Connect Instagram to OBS?
Facebook and Instagram have been pushing their live video features for a while now. However, it is still not possible to stream directly from OBS to Instagram.
Fortunately, there are ways to stream your content to Instagram using third-party services. In this article, I will show you how to do it with Streamlabs OBS.
How To Stream From OBS To Instagram:
- Download and install the latest version of Streamlabs OBS (Windows 7 or later).
- Create an account on Streamlabs and log in.
- Click on the “Create Account” button in the top right corner of your screen and follow the steps to create an account. You can also login if you already have one by clicking on the “Login” button instead.
- Click on “Broadcast” on the left side menu of your screen then click on “Addons”. This will open a page where all available addons are listed along with their respective icons and descriptions below them. Scroll down until you find Streamlabs OBS and click on its icon to install it on your browser (it will take a few seconds).
Can I Livestream and Use Instagram Live at the Same Time?
Yes, you can livestream and use Instagram Live at the same time.
To do so, simply tap the video camera icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. Then, click the Live option to start broadcasting. Once you have started a live stream, you can go back to your story by tapping the Camera icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and then clicking on the Story icon.
If you decide that you no longer want to broadcast from Instagram Live, simply swipe up on your phone to stop streaming.
As you’re probably aware by now, Instagram Live and Facebook Live are very different services. While they both let users live stream video, they work in different ways, have different audiences and have very different formats.
Facebook Live is a more traditional livestreaming platform: it offers pre-recorded videos that you can share with your followers at any time.
If you want to share your stream with the world, then all of your followers will see it in their news feed (assuming they’re logged in).
Instagram Live works differently because it only allows users to broadcast live content — meaning that viewers will only see a live feed when the streamer is actually streaming. Once the stream ends, it’s deleted from Instagram unless someone recorded it using another app.
What Are the Typical Issues People Face?
- Wrong Resolution: The resolution of your stream may not match with that of your profile picture or bio image. This can be fixed by changing the size of these images in the settings panel of your profile page. You may also need to adjust some other settings like quality or bitrate if they are too high or low for Instagram.
- Lag: If there is too much movement on-screen while streaming, then this may cause problems with buffering and lag during playback – especially if you have an HD or 4K video source in OBS Studio.
- Poor Quality of Video/Audio: This is one of the biggest problems with streaming on Instagram. Although the platform has been improving its platform over time, it still doesn’t offer the best quality video or audio. This is why many people prefer using other tools such as OBS Studio or XSplit Broadcaster for their streams.
- No Chat Support: Another issue with streaming on Instagram is that there’s no chat support for live broadcasts! You’ll have to rely on comments from viewers after the stream has finished, which can be frustrating for viewers who want to interact with you during your broadcast.
What Is the Most Popular Streaming Software for Instagram?
There are many different streaming software options available for Instagram. Some of them are free and others offer a paid service, but some offer both free and paid services. Before deciding which one to use, you should consider your budget, skill level and what type of content you want to stream.
For example, if you want to stream live videos on Instagram, you will need software that allows you to do so easily.
If you want to create a more polished experience with graphics and animations, then you will need more advanced tools. If all you want to do is post photos and videos without any bells or whistles, then there are simpler options available as well.
This is a free broadcasting software that is the topic of this blog Because it has a lot of features and tools for streaming live videos. It is also very easy to use and has good customer support.
The only downside is that it does not support many platforms like Twitch or YouTube Gaming yet. However, you can use Streamlabs OBS for streaming on YouTube Live as well as Facebook Live.
So far, Streamlabs OBS does not support any other platform except Facebook Live and YouTube Live but this may change in future updates.
XSplit Broadcaster is another popular broadcasting software which allows you to stream your gaming sessions on Twitch, YouTube Gaming or Mixer easily from your computer screen or mobile device.
Through popular websites like Twitch or YouTube Gaming without any lag or buffering issues while using their native streaming sources with minimal configuration requirements
While I wouldn’t say it’s perfect, OBS is the best free option around for streaming to Instagram.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one live streaming app solely for using with Instagram, there are better options, but if you want something that’s great for a wider range of use-cases and is completely free to boot, OBS will work just fine.
Read this blog about can OBS record audio only?