If you have an older model of Samsung TV, then chances are that it was made before 2008 when UL certification became required for all cords that connect to the wall outlet. The UL certificate guarantees the safety of TVs.
The reason behind this is simple. The electrical components in your TV require certain amounts of voltage and current to run efficiently. If you use an incompatible cord, it can damage your device or even cause a fire.
In this article we will talk about Samsung power cables for TVs and if they are compatible with all TVs.
Here’s Is Samsung TV Cords Are the Same:
All of the cables for the Samsung televisions are the same. Samsung makes them, so there should be no difference in quality between different models and they are widely compatible. If the VAC cords fits it can be used without any issues.
Table of Contents
Where Can You Buy Samsung TV Power Cords?
You can buy the Samsung TV power cord from any authorized Samsung service center. In case, you are not able to find the exact model in your city or town, then you can order it online from Amazon.
The cord comes with a warranty of one year against any manufacturing defects.
The power cords for Samsung TV work with all models and sizes of the TV sets manufactured by the company. However, it is important that you check the size of your power cord before purchasing it from any store or online store.
The size of the power cord should be compatible with the corresponding model number of your TV set.
Whether you’re looking for a new power cord or any other part, here’s where you can get one:
- Amazon – Amazon sells everything from clothes to electronics, including power cords for Samsung TVs. You’ll find that they have many different types available, including ones that work with specific models like the PN5800 series and others that are compatible with any type of TV. This can be helpful if you don’t know exactly what kind you need but want something compatible with your model.
- Google Shopping – Google Shopping also offers a wide variety of products that include power cords for Samsung TVs. The process is similar to Amazon’s in that there are many different types available so you can choose one based on what type of TV you have or whether it needs to be universal or specific to certain models.
- Samsung Website – The Samsung website itself has all the accessories for their TVs. However, if you are looking for the power cord only, you will have to call them and ask them where would be the best place to buy one from.
- Electronics Store – If you have a local electronics store near your home, they may be able to sell you one there as well. This is not recommended since they will most likely be more expensive than other options on this list due to their overhead costs and high prices on everything else in their store.
Are Samsung TV Power Cords Interchangeable?
The answer is yes, but you need to be careful.
Samsung makes a huge variety of TV models and power cords. Some of them use the same type of cord, but others use different types. If you’re not careful, you could end up with a cord that doesn’t fit your TV.
The easiest way to tell if a power cord will work with your Samsung TV is by looking at the connector on the end of the cord. If the male and female connectors fit into each other then you’re good to go.
But you should never insert a converter between the two in order to make them fit. They need to be made to fit together.
You can also look at the back of your TV and see if there is an indication about this but 99% of the time you’l be just fine using any VAC cord that fits into the TV.
What Happens If You Use the Wrong Power Cord with a Samsung TV?
To avoid damaging your Samsung television, use only the power cord that came with your TV or an authorized replacement.
Samsung recommends using only genuine Samsung replacement parts and accessories for your TV.
However, you should be just fine using any power cable that fits into the TV. You can even use a power cord for another TV brand or from another type of device. The cables are designed to work as long as they fit together.
There are no other components in the power cable than the cable itself. It won’t lower the power or anything like that so you just need to ensure the two ends fit perfectly together to avoid lose connections.
How Do You Know Which Power Cord to Use?
Samsung TVs come with the proper power cord included, but if you want to use your own, you’ll need to make sure it’s the right one.
The following are all of the power cords that Samsung produces for its televisions and monitors:
- The most common power cord for Samsung TVs is the one that comes with a standard 3-prong plug and can be used in any country. This cord has a “C13” plug on one end and a “C14” socket on the other end.
- If your Samsung TV was manufactured before 2010, it may have come with an older version of this cord. If so, it has a “C19” plug on one end and a “C13” socket on the other end.
Just see that the cable you’re using actually fits into the TV and you’ll be fine. Again, there are no additional features in these cables other than directing the power to the TV, so you can really use any cable that fits that you have laying around.
Read our blog here about Samsung TV problems: 5 Common Issues.
What Type of Power Cord Do Samsung Tvs Use?
Samsung televisions use a standard power cable. This means that all of the Samsung TVs have the same type of power cord, which is compatible with any other device that uses a standard power cable. The only exception is that you may need to purchase an adapter if the outlet in your home is not compatible with your particular brand of television.
Guide for Samsung LCD TVs:
- Samsung LCD TVs use either a standard power cord or an angled cord. The angled cord is used for wall-mounted TVs and comes with a 90-degree angle at one end so that it can fit into tight spaces without kinking the cable.
However, if you’re not mounting your TV on the wall you don’t need the angled cable. You can again use any cable you have that fits into the female socket in the TV.
Guide for Samsung Plasma TVs:
- Samsung plasma TVs also come with either a standard power cord or an angled cord. Same logic applies here.
These two types of display require different kinds of cords.
Samsung TVs with LED screens use two kinds of power cords:
- Standard AC power cord: This is the standard type of cord used in most televisions and other home electronics, and it plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Samsung TVs with OLED screens only have one type of power cord: high-wattage AC power cord.
Does It Really Matter Which Power Cable I Use?
The power cable doesn’t really matter as long as it fits and it’s not too worn or too old.
Use GOOD cords and strips that are tested. We have 1,000 home fires every year due to low-quality wiring in cords.
They work in a very easy and simple way:
1) Plug in anything that should be on at all times in the “always on” sockets (such as lamps, fridges, door bells, etc.).
2) Plug the TV or Computer into “control”. Anything plugged in here will control when the others are off.
3) plugin TV-dependent gear into “Switched outlets” (can also called “controlled by master) – they’ll power down when the TV or Computer is turned off.
The answer is yes, it does matter which power cable you use. If you are using a bad quality or incorrect power cable, it can cause serious damage to your TV.
That said, as long as the power cable itself fits into the TV and it’s not too old and worn, you’ll be just fine.
If there is any problem with the cable (such as poor insulation), then this electrical charge may cause a short circuit in your TV. This can lead to overheating and fire hazards in your home.
That’s why it’s important to always use high-quality cables with appropriate resistance ratings.
A good quality cable will help protect your home from electrical fires and other problems caused by poor insulation or short circuits in cables.
Can I Get a Longer Power Cord for My Samsung TV?
Samsung offers a 20-foot extension cord for most of its TVs, but not all models are available with this option.
If you need an extension, they have a few options for you:
- Extension cords. If you need an extension cord to get from an outlet to your TV, you can use any extension cable as long as you don’t use it to power anything else (outside the connected items such as the soundbar).
- Power strips. If you have multiple devices that need power and they’re close together, consider getting a power strip with extra outlets. You can find them at any hardware store or online retailer such as Amazon.
In the end, it appears that there are many power cords out there that do the job.
However, some cords may have an extra feature or built in safety features that others don’t.
So, when buying a power cord make sure you buy one with the relevant safety features and just be sure to purchase OEM so it lasts longer than a cheaper alternative.