If you have an older model of Samsung TV, then chances are that it was made before 2008 when UL certification became required for all cords that connect to the wall outlet. The UL certificate guarantees safety for TVs.
The reason behind this is simply. The electrical components in your TV require certain amounts of voltage and current to run efficiently. If you use an incompatible cord, it can damage your device or even cause a fire.
In this article we will talk about Samsung power cables for TVs and if they are compatible with all TVs.
Here’s Is Samsung TV Cords Are the Same:
All of the cables for the Samsung televisions are the same. Samsung makes them, so there should be no difference in quality between different models and they are widely compatible. The only difference is that older models might not work due their different power outputs.
Are Samsung TV Power Cords Interchangeable?
The answer is yes, but you need to be careful.
Samsung makes a huge variety of TV models and power cords. Some of them use the same type of cord, but others use different types. If you’re not careful, you could end up with a cord that doesn’t fit your TV.
The easiest way to tell if a power cord will work with your Samsung TV is by looking at the connector on the end of the cord. If it has three pins (for example), then it will work with any Samsung TV that uses this kind of plug.
Of course, there are many other ways to tell if a power cord will work with your Samsung TV besides looking at the connector on its end.
You can also look at the back of your TV and see if there is an indentation where the plug fits in (at least one model). Or you can check out Samsung’s website or call them for more information about compatible parts for your model.
What Happens If You Use the Wrong Power Cord with a Samsung TV?
Many people are confused about the correct power cord and adapter for their Samsung TV. In most cases, the wrong power cord can damage your TV and void your warranty.
To avoid damaging your Samsung television, use only the power cord that came with your TV or an authorized replacement.
The Samsung TV power cords and adapters have been carefully designed to provide optimal performance, safety, and reliability.
Connecting a non-Samsung power cord to your Samsung TV can cause serious damage to your television. For example, if you connect a non-Samsung power cord with an incorrect amperage (the amount of electricity used), it could overheat and catch fire.
In addition to potential fire hazard, using an incorrect adapter can also cause electrical shock or electrocution if you touch something metal while touching the power cord itself.
Samsung warns that using an incompatible power cord can cause damage to your TV. Specifically, it could result in overheating, damage to internal components and even fire.
Samsung recommends using only genuine Samsung replacement parts and accessories for your TV.
If you think you may have purchased a non-Samsung branded power cord for your television, contact Samsung immediately so they can confirm whether or not it’s safe to use.
How Do You Know Which Power Cord to Use?
Samsung TVs come with the proper power cord included, but if you want to use your own, you’ll need to make sure it’s the right one.
The following are all of the power cords that Samsung produces for its televisions and monitors:
- The most common power cord for Samsung TVs is the one that comes with a standard 3-prong plug and can be used in any country. This cord has a “C13” plug on one end and a “C14” socket on the other end.
- If your Samsung TV was manufactured before 2010, it may have come with an older version of this cord. If so, it has a “C19” plug on one end and a “C13” socket on the other end.
- If your Samsung TV was manufactured after 2009, it may have come with an even older version of this cord that has a “C7” plug on one end and an older version of the C14 socket on the other end (not compatible with modern appliances).
Read our blog here about Samsung TV problems: 5 Common Issues.
What Type of Power Cord Do Samsung Tvs Use?
Samsung televisions use a standard power cable. This means that all of the Samsung TVs have the same type of power cord, which is compatible with any other device that uses a standard power cable. The only exception is that you may need to purchase an adapter if the outlet in your home is not compatible with your particular brand of television.
Guide for Samsung LCD TVs:
- Samsung LCD TVs use either a standard power cord or an angled cord. The angled cord is used for wall-mounted TVs and comes with a 90-degree angle at one end so that it can fit into tight spaces without kinking the cable.
Guide for Samsung Plasma TVs:
- Samsung plasma TVs come with either a standard power cord or an angled cord. The angled cord is used for wall-mounted TVs and comes with a 90-degree angle at one end so that it can fit into tight spaces without kinking the cable.
These two types of display require different kinds of cords.
Samsung TVs with LED screens use two kinds of power cord:
- Standard AC power cord: This is the standard type of cord used in most televisions and other home electronics, and it plugs into a standard wall outlet. It’s not possible to use this type of cord on an OLED TV because it doesn’t have enough wattage to power them properly.
- High-wattage AC power cord: This cord can be used with both LED and OLED TVs, but it requires a special adapter that comes with the TV when you buy it. Without this adapter, your TV won’t work properly and may even cause damage to the unit if too much current is drawn from the wall outlet.
- Samsung TVs with OLED screens only have one type of power cord: high-wattage AC power cord. This type of cord cannot be used on an LED display because there isn’t enough wattage for it to operate correctly without being damaged by overloading the circuit breaker in your home.
Does It Really Matter Which Power Cable I Use?
A lot of people have been asking me this question. The answer is yes, it does matter which power cable you use. If you are using a bad quality or incorrect power cable, it can cause serious damage to your TV.
When the power is turned on, there is an electrical charge that flows through the cable and into the TV.
If there is any problem with the cable (such as poor insulation), then this electrical charge may cause a short circuit in your TV. This can lead to overheating and fire hazards in your home.
That’s why it’s important to always use high quality cables with high resistance ratings.
A good quality cable will help protect your home from electrical fires and other problems caused by poor insulation or short circuits in cables.
Where Can You Buy Samsung TV Power Cords?
You can buy the Samsung TV power cord from any authorized Samsung service center. In case, you are not able to find the exact model in your city or town, then you can order it online from Amazon.
The power cord for Samsung TV is available at a price of $80. The cord comes with a warranty of one year against any manufacturing defects.
The power cords for Samsung TV work with all models and sizes of the TV sets manufactured by the company. However, it is important that you check the size of your power cord before purchasing it from any store or online store.
The size of the power cord should be compatible with the corresponding model number of your TV set.
Whether you’re looking for a new power cord or any other part, here’s where you can get one:
- Amazon – Amazon sells everything from clothes to electronics, including power cords for Samsung TVs. You’ll find that they have many different types available, including ones that work with specific models like the PN5800 series and others that are compatible with any type of TV. This can be helpful if you don’t know exactly what kind you need but want something compatible with your model.
- Google Shopping – Google Shopping also offers a wide variety of products that include power cords for Samsung TVs. The process is similar to Amazon’s in that there are many different types available so you can choose one based on what type of TV you have or whether it needs to be universal or specific to certain models.
- Samsung Website – The Samsung website itself has all the accessories for their TVs. However, if you are looking for the power cord only, you will have to call them and ask them where would be the best place to buy one from.
- Electronics Store – If you have a local electronics store near your home, they may be able to sell you one there as well. This is not recommended since they will most likely be more expensive than other options on this list due to their overhead costs and high prices on everything else in their store.
Can I Get a Longer Power Cord for My Samsung TV?
If you really want a longer power cord, there’s no way around it. You’re going to have to go out and buy one.
Samsung offers a 20-foot extension cord for most of its TVs, but not all models are available with this option.
If you need an extension, they have a few options for you:
- Extension cords. If you need an extension cord to get from an outlet to your TV, we recommend using a 3-foot or 6-foot model from Monoprice.
- Power strips. If you have multiple devices that need power and they’re close together, consider getting a power strip with extra outlets. You can find them at any hardware store or online retailer such as Amazon.
In the end, it appears that there are many power cords out there that do the job.
However, some cords may have an extra feature or built in safety features that others don’t.
So, when buying a power cord make sure you buy one with the relevant safety features and just be sure to purchase OEM so it lasts longer than a cheaper alternative.