With Disney Plus joining the video-on-demand industry, smart TV manufacturers now have another platform available to entice customers.
Disney Plus is available on more smart TV platforms than ever before after its launch in 2019, and more people are subscribing to Disney Plus as another source for home entertainment.
But how reliable is Disney Plus?
About Smart TVs and Disney Plus:
Having acquired the Marvel Cinematic Universe Franchise and the Star Wars franchise, along with its library of Disney classics, it comes as no surprise that many are considering signing up for Disney Plus, which is available for download from most smart TV app stores.
1. How Do I Get Disney Plus on My Smart TV?
You can get Disney Plus on your smart TV by downloading it from the app store of your TV.
Disney Plus is currently available on Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, LG WebOS, Samsung Tizen OS, Vizio Smartcast, and Magenta TV.
Here are solutions to the most common problems with Disney Plus.
2. Can You Sign Up for Disney Plus on Your Smart TV?
You cannot sign up for Disney Plus on your smart TV. You need to sign up on the Disney Plus website on a browser to create an account.
There will be a free seven-day trial before you get charged for your subscription.
You will also need to choose how you want to be charged: monthly or annually. The annual subscription is cheaper.
3. Is Disney Plus Free on Smart TVs?
Disney Plus is free to download, but it has a monthly or annual fee, depending on your preference.
You can choose to pay $6.99 monthly or $69.99 annually.
Before you are charged, Disney Plus gives you a free, one-week trial so that you can get acquainted with the offerings and features of the platform. You can opt to cancel within this period and not get charged.
After the trial period, you will be charged according to your chosen payment plan.
3. How Many Devices Can Use Disney Plus at the Same Time?
Disney Plus allows you to have up to four devices using your account at the same time.
There is also a 10-device limit imposed on all mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, using Disney Plus.
There is no limit for smart TVs or computers.
4. What Happens if You Exceed the Number of Simultaneous Users on Disney Plus?
You simply won’t be able to proceed to use Disney Plus once you hit the limit of simultaneous users.
You will need to wait for one device to finish streaming before you can try again.
5. Can You Remove Devices Using Disney Plus?
You can remove devices using your Disney Plus account by logging in to the Disney Plus website on a desktop browser and opening the Device Management section of the Settings.
From here, you can choose to remove all or a particular device to prevent unauthorized use of the account.
6. Are All Smart TVs Compatible with Disney Plus?
Not all smart TVs are compatible with Disney Plus. Disney Plus recognizes only the following smart TV platforms:
- Fire TV OS
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- LG webOS
- Samsung Tizen OS
- Vizio Smartcast
- Magenta TV
Notably absent from this list is Roku, despite being one of the more popular smart TV platforms in the United States.
7. My Smart TV Will Not Connect to Disney Plus.
Should you have any connection issues with Disney Plus on your smart TV, there are a few things to consider.
- Check your Internet download speed. Disney Plus needs at least 5 Mbps for it to stream properly.
- If your Internet connection is okay, try disconnecting the Internet connection from your smart TV and wait for a minute before reconnecting.
- You may also try resetting your router.
- If it still does not work, try signing out on all devices, which you can do on the Disney Plus website.
- Proceed to deleting and reinstalling the Disney Plus app if it still does not work.
- You may also try using Disney Plus on another compatible device to check the issue.
If this does not work, there’s a good chance the servers of Disney Plus are clogged with users watching at the same time. This issue is often related when a new and highly anticipated program is released onto the platform.
8. Why is Disney Plus Not Working on My Smart TV?
Given that Disney Plus is available on most smart TV platforms (with the exception of Roku) the number one reason it won’t work on your smart TV is an Internet connection issue.
Another issue is called Error 83, or a device compatibility issue.
This issue is quite unusual since it deals with compatibility. But if your smart TV is not compatible, you shouldn’t have been able to download Disney Plus in the first place, so this is an odd error message to get.
Should you encounter this message, restart your device and check for firmware or app updates that may fix this.
If you encounter an issue called Error 73, this is usually associated with your location. Restart your Internet connection so that Disney Plus recognizes your location correctly.
If you encounter Error 24 and Error 43, these can be resolved by restarting your Internet connection or checking your billing details, as these Errors may occur when Disney Plus was not able to charge you.
There are many other issue codes, but these are associated with non-smart TV devices.
You may also check the Disney Plus Reddit and search for any issues you may have.
9. Why is Disney Plus Pixelated on My Smart TV?
Disney Plus automatically adjusts streaming quality on your smart TV. That means, if your bandwidth is not enough for a particular resolution, it will adjust accordingly to your Internet speed.
If the video you are watching is pixelated, the chances are that your Internet speed is not enough for a higher resolution.
If you think this should not be the case, you can try restarting your Internet connection and see if your Internet speed normalizes.
10. Why is Disney Plus Buffering on My Smart TV?
Buffering is just something that sometimes happens with digital services like Disney Plus sometimes.
But if buffering persists, you may want to check other streaming services to see if it also happens there. If buffering happens with other services, the issue is with your Internet connection.
But, if the other streaming services don’t buffer, then the issue is with Disney Plus.
- You can try closing Disney Plus and all other apps active on your smart TV, then restart the service.
- Consider also doing a power cycle. This means that you turn off your smart TV, your Wi-Fi router, and modem, then turn it on again after a minute or two in reverse order.
- If that does not resolve the buffering, check the app store for any updates for Disney Plus, or uninstall and reinstall the app if there are no updates.
- Should the buffering persist, the problem most likely has to do with the servers of Disney Plus. There may be a ton of subscribers currently tuned in at the moment. You will have to wait it out until the connection becomes stable.
11. Why Doesn’t My Smart TV Have a Disney Plus app?
If you can’t find Disney Plus on your smart TV’s app store, it’s most likely that your smart TV is not compatible with Disney Plus.
Now, if your smart TV is new, and it was advertised with Disney Plus, but the app is not there, it means you need to install it. Just go to the app store and download it.
Remember that smart TV manufacturers highlight common apps available on their TVs to attract potential customers to buy.
12. Can I Download Disney Plus Shows to My Smart TV?
Unfortunately, you cannot download Disney Plus to your smart TV.
You can only download Disney Plus content for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets.
13. Do You Need a Smart TV to Watch Disney Plus?
Even if you don’t have a smart TV, you can still watch content on Disney Plus.
Disney Plus is also supported on mobile devices, gaming consoles, and the web browser of your computer.
14. How Do You Watch Disney Plus on a Non-smart TV?
If you have a TV that is not a smart TV and you want to access Disney Plus, there are some things you can do.
As long as you have an HDMI port and a Disney Plus account, you can watch Disney Plus on your TV.
Streaming Boxes or Sticks
Since Disney Plus is supported on Android TV, you can opt to buy a streaming stick or box loaded with the Android TV system.
You can install Disney Plus through this third-party hardware for your TV, which connects to your HDMI jack on your TV.
You can also try the Fire TV stick or Apple TV, which also supports Disney Plus on their system.
Another option is to use Chromecast. You will need to install Disney Plus on your smartphone or tablet or open Disney Plus on a Chrome browser to cast your screen onto your smart TV.
If you have Playstation 4 or Xbox One, you can enjoy Disney Plus through these devices.
You can get the Disney Plus app through their respective app stores.
15. My Smart TV Goes Blank When I Select Disney Plus.
If your smart TV goes blank when you select Disney Plus, this is usually because you have filters or blockers on your smart TV.
To resolve this, turn off any content filters, antivirus apps, proxy accelerators, and pop-up blockers, which can run in conflict with Disney Plus.
16. How Do I Sign in and out of Disney Plus on My Smart TV?
Signing in on Disney Plus is not complicated. Once you have an account and have downloaded the app on your smart TV, all you need to do is log in using your credentials.
To sign out of Disney Plus, follow these steps.
- Click on your Profile Icon and go to Settings.
- Under settings, click on Close Session.
- You will then be asked to confirm if you want to log out. Click confirm.
- You will then be brought to the home screen of Disney Plus, where you can log in again.
17. My Smart TV Keeps Kicking Me off Disney Plus.
If Disney Plus keeps on crashing every time you use it, consider the following fixes:
- First, check if there is an update for the app or your firmware.
- Install these updates, then check again.
- If there are no updates or the app still crashes, you can consider restarting your device and the Internet connection.
- Turn off and unplug your TV, router, and modem and let it rest for five minutes.
- Then turn them back on in reverse order, putting a two-minute interval between each device.
18. How Can I Watch Disney Plus without a Smart TV?
If you are on the go and can’t wait to watch the latest episode of your favorite Disney Plus program, you can opt for other devices to access the streaming platform.
You can access Disney Plus through your smartphone, tablet, desktop computer, or laptop.
To access Disney Plus on your smartphone or tablet, you need to install the app.
For those who want to access Disney Plus on a laptop or desktop, you will need:
- Chrome 75 for computers running at least Windows 7 or macOS 10.12
- Microsoft Edge for Windows 10
- Firefox 68 for computers running at least Windows 7 or macOS 10.9
- Internet Explorer 11 for computers running Windows 8.1
- Safari for computers running macOS 10.12
Browsers and operating systems not listed here are not compatible with Disney Plus.
19. Disney Plus Says My Account is in Use When I Try to Use it.
If you are receiving a message telling you that your account is in use, you should log out of associated devices.
- Log into your Disney Plus account on a browser, then go to the Settings menu.
- Click on the Profile icon on the lower right corner and go to Log Out.
- You can choose devices to log out from or log out of all devices.
- If you are unsure which device is causing the problem, you can opt to log out of all devices.
20. Can I Block Disney Plus Access on My Smart TV?
Like any other app on a smart TV, you can choose to block Disney Plus to avoid unauthorized access.
Depending on your smart TV, blocking the app can restrict access until unblocked in the settings, or you will need the entry of a PIN code to open the app.
You can also opt to enable Parental Controls, instead of blocking the whole app, if you just want to restrict content by age. But Disney Plus does not have many Parental Controls restriction options, considering that the streaming platform was designed primarily for kids.
You can set age restrictions for a Kid’s Profile, but be aware that they can still access your profile since no PINs are needed to open other profiles in your account.
You can see more about blocking content in our article How To Block Content & Channels On Smart TVs.
21. How Do I Cancel My Disney Plus Subscription?
If you decide Disney Plus is not for you, you can always opt-out of the service.
To cancel your account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Disney Plus profile on a computer and open your Profile.
- Go to Account, select Subscription, and click on Cancel. Then confirm the cancelation request.
- Note that when you cancel your Disney Plus subscription, you can still use your account until the end of the billing cycle. If your billing cycle ends on the 20th of the month, and you canceled on the 14th, you can still use your account until the 20th.
Since Disney Plus is a pretty new streaming platform, there are some bugs associated with it.
But if there’s any kid-oriented streaming platform worth investing in, it’s Disney Plus. With its wide library of content, you won’t have a problem finding the right program to watch with the whole family.