Looking to spend your advertising budget efficiently? You should be looking at services such as AdEspresso and Hootsuite.
These two services provide you with planning tools that align with your campaigns so you can plot out ad placements.
Here’s What You Need to Know about Hootsuite and AdEspresso:
Hootsuite is a social media manager that can create social media ads and view results, while AdEspresso is a Facebook advertising tool that helps small and medium-sized businesses create ads and hit targets. In 2017, Hootsuite bought AdEspresso.
1. What is the Connection between Hootsuite and AdEspresso?
The founders of AdEspresso built the advertising service to be easy to use, intending to help marketers understand and utilize Facebook ads, and subsequently Instagram ads, efficiently.
Hootsuite bought AdEspresso in early 2017.
Hootsuite’s acquisition of the advertising technology firm gave Hootsuite, in its own words, the “most extensive and flexible advertising solution available.”
The absorption of AdEspresso let Hootsuite develop more custom services, using the open application programming interface (API) of Facebook.
They now use the branding “AdEspresso by Hootsuite” in promotions.
After the acquisition, Massimo Chieruzi, CEO and co-founder of AdEspresso, was appointed to Hootsuite as the general manager for AdEspresso by Hootsuite.
2. What Do You Use AdEspresso for with Hootsuite?
The Hootsuite Ads Manager is available only for Business and Enterprise users, making AdEspresso a great tool for those using lower-tiered plans.
When used in tandem with Hootsuite, AdEspresso helps you strengthen your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ad campaigns.
Users get to create ads, study advertisement data, and optimize Facebook ads for better results by testing your proposed ads.
With ad testing, you can check how your ads perform in a small test group. The results you get from these tests help you develop and tweak these ads, whether you run them through AdEspresso or Hootsuite Ads.
Note that AdEspresso and Hootsuite do not integrate, and you will need to use the two independently.
3. How Good is AdEspresso for Managing Facebook and Instagram?
AdEspresso is focused on ad management on Facebook and Instagram.
But how good is AdEspresso at managing Facebook and Instagram ads?
- Users say AdEspresso is easy to use.
- AdEspresso can create optimized social media campaigns in a matter of minutes.
- Users report that AdEspresso also offers a remarkably easy-to-use interface.
- Some users even say that AdEspresso is better than Facebook’s Ad Manager.
4. Do You Need Hootsuite to Use AdEspresso?
AdEspresso still exists as a standalone product, and you do not need Hootsuite to use it.
You can subscribe to it without getting a Hootsuite plan.
You can also integrate AdEspresso with other marketing tools such as Hubspot and Microsoft Dynamics, which are both CRM tools.
5. What Are the Differences between Hootsuite Ads and AdEspresso?
Both AdEspresso and Hootsuite Ads can help you create ads based on particular content.
The two services are quite similar, but there are a few differences between the two.
Hootsuite Ads is Hootsuite’s innate ad platform.
- Hootsuite Ads can scan your integrated social media for posts that will yield good results when converted to an ad.
- If you have a post that is performing well, Hootsuite Ads will suggest boosting it within a given budget.
- Hootsuite Ads needs you to have an existing subscription to the Business or Enterprise plan.
- It can be used on Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads.
AdEspresso was designed to work independently.
- It can also be used on Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads.
- AdEspresso can automatically boost your posts.
- AdEspresso offers AdEspresso University so that you can learn more about online marketing.
6. Is AdEspresso Included by Default with Hootsuite Ads?
AdEspresso is not included with Hootsuite, and in fact, these two services do not even integrate directly.
While they are both owned by Hootsuite Media, the two were designed as different advertising solutions on social media.
They have similar functions but are designed to work with different markets.
You can look at AdEspresso as Hootsuite Media’s foray into integrating into other platforms, or as a venture to fold in Hootsuite users on the lower-tier subscriptions to a different Hootsuite Media marketing platform.
So if you are using the Team plan, which does not have access to the Hootsuite Ads system, you can opt to use AdEspresso as an alternative so you can create compelling ads for social media.
7. When Should I Use Hootsuite Ads and AdEspresso?
Hootsuite Ads are only available to Business and Enterprise subscriptions.
It is an add-on that you need to install from the App Directory.
While you can boost posts without the Hootsuite Ads services, you do not get the full features Hootsuite Ads offers to optimize ads for your business. It limits you to choosing a post and allocating a budget for it within a particular duration.
AdEspresso, meanwhile, is a good option for those who want to use a powerful ad-management and optimization tool without getting a Business or Enterprise plan.
If you run a Team account on Hootsuite and get the Plus subscription on AdEspresso, that will only cost you a little less than $200 a month when billed annually.
That is three times less than Hootsuite’s Business plan, which is priced at $599 a month when billed annually.
Also you should read our article that explains about Hootsuite & HubSpot
You may find it odd that Hootsuite Media launched its Ads Management Service and AdEspresso acquisition simultaneously. It would seem to be a waste of investment to announce the two services at the same time.
But if you look at it from a different angle, that is Hootsuite’s way of owning competition while offering various tools for different-sized businesses.
And that’s a smart move.
Hootsuite buys Facebook ad manager AdEspresso
Search + social: better together. All your ads, one place.